Reviews for Chameleon
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Mimic's mirror mime,

Reflects personalities,—

Glowing light their life.
hamsta-boi chapter 1 . 11/14/2003
Youre summary was bigger than the poem. Doesnt that say something? *raises a brow* (o)
Renae Maia chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
Beautiful, I love the depth captured in such few words...My fave lines (hard to have these with such few words, but I will try not to say all of them!) "cobble together a patchwork existence" Great way of describing how people build themselves out of others...I love this! Great job! :)
Lady B.V Rose chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
Hm...interesting way to put it...this will have me thinking...

- BVR xx
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
interesting, and kudos on the understandable and helpful summery...

i liked the crypticness, i like the descriptions, i think i only hvae a shallow gist of the what the poem is really saying, so ill hvae to ponder it somemore, but very good job,kudos.
aleppine chapter 1 . 10/26/2003
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you ...

... and I *really* like this; every single word was perfectly-chosen and placed, and the whole thing is perfectly sturctured. Damn. You've just squeezed a major issue into a tiny handful of words.

Totally excellent.

And I really need to clear out my fav's list so I can put you on it.
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Another supremely enjoyable and quietly intense piece.
Mime chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Yeah! I've never thought of it that way before (but then again, you can't say I think much at all .
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
whoa. cool stuff here! It makes me kinda glad that I can't just fit in whereever it is that I want to. It would be such a "patchwork existance" as you said.

keep writing on!
Lidless Eye chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Now this was awesome. I loved the metaphor you used, and the way it was worded was just incredible. I couldn't have put it any better myself... brilliant job.
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 10/22/2003
interesting . . . it did the same thing as your haiku 'so ironic' to my insides . . . it's very mystical and even supernatural, i'd say. i love the lines "you cobble together a/patchwork existence" there's a great sound to them (they almost bubble on your tongue) and the image i got from it was very cool. also i love the idea of fleshing out a shell, just for the contrast of hard shell vs. soft flesh and how they'd work together. great piece, chica. :)
Children of the Root chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
awesome work. I like how you related it to a chameleon. So many people act like that.
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Awesome work. Such a great metaphor.

Heart of the Sword
Topaz Waters chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Beautiful...I've felt like that many, many times, and you capture the emptiness of it so beautifully.
teh tarik chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Awesome! I've never seen it described that way before... I like the way you used the words "patchwork existence*