Reviews for A Friend
aiur chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
wow you really like haikus don't you? i found your work through some other writer JJR M-something ... i spell bad with that kinda thing 'cause i don't pay attention to the end of the words. don't ask. anyways, yeah, i just wanted to see what you wrote, seeing your pen name on like every page of his reviews. thought it might be similar. and i really like his songwriting, so ... i found a haiku writer instead! sweetness. this was really good i mean really ... it's sweet and happy and it has really good metaphors albeit typikal ones. but i'm not one to scream about that. NICE work! wish i could write haikus ... i did once for this assignment but it was a nightmare 'cause i decided to rhyme every stanza on top of the 5-7-5 beat. it was a nightmare. i'm scarred for life now and i can't write them anymore. P no not that drastic, but yeah ... they don't work for me. so big props to you for being able to throw them out. can you do me a favour and check out something i've written? ordinarily i'd ask you to review my poetry but i took it all down P
k8
AlterEthereal chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
if computer monitors could cry, this one would be sobbing at how beautiful and true your words are.
AlterEthereal
Jez-Arinn chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
i don't know but i think the whole thing sounds just as good with or without the last stanza. it seemed to have ended by the 6th. and it ended again at the 7th.
but i like it all the same.
jez
PS: i get to learn a lot about haikus from u... _
Emerald Ember chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
this is nice adn very true, it is a nice thing for friends to know how much they are truly appreciated, keep writing more. :)
JJR Meerraf chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
I love the beginning, because I truly think hugs are like the best things in this world! I'd give everyone a hug if I could!
Sorry... rambling...
I liked this one also! I really love all my friends, and we don't show enough credit to them! Beautiful work!
P.S.
Your haiku is a work of art! Another one of my good FP friends writes a lot of haiku, swirly girl. If you like reading haiku I highly recomend her.
Great stuff, magnificent! God bless!
Chocolate 4 You chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
I LOVED THAT! You are such a good poet! Oh, and it's funny for your review, I had JUST read the Shoot for the moon and land among the stars. I thought it was motivating!
Thanks for liking my poem! I love your!
Keep up the awesome work!
Shaolin Kempo
The First Knight of Jane chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
Beautiful. You say so much within such confines. I could never understand why one would use such a constricting medium as a haiku, but then I have been known to force myself into very stringent rhyme sequences... So to each there own. I really loved what you did though.

PS. You leave no email so I must break my own rule and coment personally here... Yes I am a christian, and I am proud of it. Even if some of my writing seems more hateful than vinerating, you should notice that it all concludes that there must be a God. By the way:

God Bless.
Viksy81 chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
Very sweet
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
Wow that was just really good i likes alot

Never the same
PainKiller chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
I love the way you're able to get to the hearts of readers, and evoke emotional appeal (ethos) so well.

This flowed VERY well; what really helped it was the repetion in only 5 of the 8 stanzas. To me, it helped to just emphasize your point in some, and not all of the haiku. Incredible work; God bless!
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Your definition of friendship was incredible. You're a great person to do this for those you are close to.

Heart of the Sword
teh tarik chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
This is so sweet _

You're a great somebody to your friends! Continue writing...
Star-Gir1 chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Aww, I
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
*awestruck*

That was amazing! This ... this masterpiece! You so perfectly define, convay, and make all feel the true, true meaning of friendship. This is superb, wonderful, amazing ... I ablsolutly love this piece! Sarah must be a very special friend to inspire all this!

CoolBeans18s