Reviews for Vinegar for You
Meaningless Julia chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
This is great. The structure works brilliantly. It's so unusual to read a poem on here that tells a story, and doesn't just whine on and on using abstract terms that don't really mean anything. However, you're clearly a master of the narrative! I love this. Brilliant.
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
I absolutly love it :D I'm adding you to my favorites.
Quintin chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
I'm not good with reviews, but I thought I'd drop a note just so you know this was like a film on mute with your words for subtitles.
"when all cliches have been exhausted."
The single most impressive conclusion I've read in a long time. Thank you.
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
that was so powerful, i don't even know what to say.
featherlight chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
Wow. I'm betting someone has said this already, but I really liked the form you used for the poem, with one stanza linked to the next. Lovely.
Winter's Roar chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
Oh, this was cool! I really liked the way you repeated the last phrase as a way to start the next one, while at the same time changing how you used the phrase. The poem flowed quite well, although i'm not sure what order it was in, because the story line itself was a little fragmented, but overall it worked quite well. Hats off to you on yet another brilliant piece of work! Fantastic poem!

~ winter
gettingby chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
This is really good. Not one of your best, but still really really good. I like how you repeat the end of each stanza at the beginning of the consecutive one. Keep up the good writing :)
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
gosh you're talented, i'm jealous. i loved that one line about the mixtapes, and i liked how you ended with one line and then started the next stanza with the same line. it created a nice flow. great job on this one, truly heartbreakingly beautiful.
Lurea Tinuviel chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
i cant...express...this is beautiful, flawlessly beautiful. so expressive...wow...I shouldnt be allowed to reveiw this, i'm too bad a writer *goes respectfully back to her corner*
understated chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
i liked the beginning, and your repetition of the last line in the first line of the next stanza was interesting. i think the few last stanzas could be reworked a bit, because they don't have the same quality as the first few. it was interesting to read, good job.