Reviews for My One Love
Giver of Roses chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I LOVED IT! ) wonderful... It described Cap'n Jack perfectly...even though there was no rum... (

But it was very good! )

Giver of Roses
kazfuego chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Yayness! This is one fab poem you've got there, mate! Luvd the way you put the rhythm to it all. Especially the first stanza. And it's definitely about Jack! He's the coolest!
-anyway, what's it that you wanted me to review again? sori can't find it.
Luv ya! Mwah!
-kaz
Jennifer chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
Hi!
I really loved your poem and I have to do this thing in one of my classes about poetry and I was wonderin' if I can use your poem in my project? Could you please email me about it? I would really like a fast reply!
Thanx,
Your Fellow "Pirate",
Jennifer
Draith chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
Yes! Jack Sparrow reference! He's the BEST. That has to be one of my very favorite movies ever. But about your poem... I very much like the style in which it was written, with repeated beginnings to lines. I don't think that's how all poems should be done, but it works rather nicely for something like this.

BTW... is your name Irish? Because when I looked at it, I immediately pronounced it in my head, sh-von, from reading a lot of Gaelic translations. *shrugs* I may be wrong, but that's just a passing comment. Good poetry!

-Draith
PHAT chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
i like this one a lot. use of repetition forces us to aknowledge the absolute infactuation that this pirate has with his bounty. can easily be related to modern society's obsession with materialistic life. although this character seems genuine about his love of life.
Kohakunushi chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
I like it! i like it how it expresses like how (ugh too many hows) pirates love treasure...w he nyou wrote that like... how at the last line "My one love" and i was like "hmm... i wonder if Captain jack sparrow likes anyone?" lolz :p

"It is my treasure

my love

my one comrade

my, captain, my soul

my heart above all"

i like that line

YuRi

ps, CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW ROX!
Lisa A. M chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
I LOVE Jack Sparrow, lol. But I don't think that's what this poem is about. I really like this poem and it's rythem!
RingWraith14 chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
I lovrd that movie and this poem!

Johnny Deep was the best in that movie!