Reviews for Lady of Avalon: The Travails of Morgaine
Vhallyr chapter 2 . 6/3/2008
Oh so very good.
glitterjewele chapter 2 . 11/3/2003
a great follow up chapter! i could picture this as clearly as though i was reading the book again. the language and images are both exceedingly pretty, and truly captivating. the rhyming stood out more this time, there was definitely more of a steady rhythm. i only caught one line out of the whole entire poem that seemed a little forced: "A light born in their midst blinds with glare." that could be easily remedied with an 'its' before the glare, however. loved how you created the effect of the ceremony on Morgaine: "racked by convulsions, tears spilling down her face." 'tis absolutely gorgeous and i hope with all my tiny heart you keep adding to the collection. in fact, i want you to update so much that i'm going to change my request to a demand: UPDATE THIS COLLECTION! SOON! *ehem* yes, that will be all for now, glorious work, chica, keep it up ;)
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
*is giddy* this is precisely the kind of poetry i'm a sucker for ~ but you already knew that. this is going to be SUCH an amazing series, if the prologue is any indication. to be honest, i didn't notice the rhyming, but actually that's a good thing: it means you did it well. if you wanted it to be noticed particularly though, the way to do it would be to have lines of exactly or close to exactly the same syllables. really though i don't think you need to worry about any alterations of style, the poem is fantastic, surreally vivid (and i don't thing 'surreally' is a word, so you can add that to your list of words invented to praise you). "the silky, luminescent pool shimmers brightly" is my favorite line (though i love all of them, mind you). onward to ze next chapter!
RingWraith14 chapter 2 . 11/2/2003
I loved it!

I liked Morgaine.

Very compelling!
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 2 . 11/1/2003
i just realised how much of a dolt i am...seriously, if i had read the summery last time, i would hvae got it straight...i tend to not read summeries lol, im just so lazy, to impatient to get to the poem at hand...

anywaysthis was such a powerful chapter, i actually thought i was the girl herself, it was amazing, i loved the vocabulary as well...im going to have to go and look up a few words because of my mack of english skills...but it really was very cool. kudos!

P:S - sorry about my cluelessness in my previous review...but i have learnt my lesson, i shall now real yall summerys!
not sure yet chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
WOW, beautiful imagery, muchly love the beginning and the idea, as well as those last couple lines, extremely powerful, definitely do continue this, i love stories told through poetry, muchly beautiful, excellent job
Faylinn Smith chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
Wow, your words are beautiful. Your style matches the subject of the poem perfectly. Very very good, keep writing!
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
you know, im wondering, will this be a realistic series? because seriously after reading that im seriously inspired and yearning to write a realistic poetry series...*starts twitching* i really loved this, especially with the added concept of rape, very insightful...im sure the story will come clearer as it goes along, i am most definitely already addicted - wanna know what HAPPENS - at first i thought you were describing a goddess, ive forgotten the name - the equivilent to mother nature. great descriptions.

"Perpetually controlled, perpetually worshipped, perpetually raped." loved the emphasis on "perpetually" very effected, drilled into my head its meaning and implications.

kudos, cant wait to see more of the series.
RingWraith14 chapter 1 . 10/28/2003