Reviews for First we take Manhattan
Leonharte chapter 2 . 1/21/2006
Well, I read this story ages ago, then returned to see you had added onto it! I thought that the second chapter was not as good as the first. I believe it would have been better as a one-shot.
The 13th Knight chapter 2 . 3/4/2005
I like it! I've always been a big fan of stories like these, and the way you added in your own touch made it good, too.
Rafa chapter 2 . 2/26/2005
too true...

But who abbreviates Rafael as Rafe? I mean, jeez. What a loser.

for what it's worth.-rafa
Rafa chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
A lot less fluffy than your usual stuff, but I'm not complaining.

The main problem is that something like this (though it would probably happen more slowly) is not so impossible. I don't really like the US so much nowadays. It makes me glad that I live in a small liberal college town (one that's actually been on the news a bit lately)... but ugh... Maybe I should move to Japan... or Italy... or somewhere cool.
eternalsailorsolarwind chapter 2 . 2/22/2005
I just wanted to say how glad I was to see that you decided to continue this. This story is a very powerful bit of literature, showing a possible, if horrific future. Way to go!
Hino Kirika chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
This one really gave me chills when I read it.
Leonharte chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Beautiful. Just beautiful.
You just may have predicted the future here. God, I bloody well hope not, I'd be the first to sign up against government.
Chosentwo4381 chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
You did such a great job with this. You set the tone from the beginning and from then on I was sucked into it. I'm really feeling the sentiment here, I hate what the country has become and I only see it getting worse from here. Here's hoping something good happens and once again, thanks for writing such a great piece.
Soul chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
Shit this is a good story and this could easily become true considering how fragile the current situation is.
Hello agian Shanejayell, This is Kettu here under the guise of Soul. You are most likely the best writer I have ever found, Your Fanfics are great, the Orignals are even better.
Ever considered writting a novel and getting it published?
I'll finish up by saying, this is great.
UnknownSource chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
I'm going to stand up and salute you right now, cause you've just voiced many of the concerns about this recent "war on terror" I've had. Interesting story, and i liked the angle, but it could've been better. More detail about the events, more focus on the characters maybe develing more into the way they would have had to change their lifestyles or the difficulties they would've faced would've improved this a great deal. Also the ending seemed slightly rushed, I was slightly confused and maybe if you had explained the events in a little more depth it would have been clearer. But otherwise a brilliant piece of fiction, i pariticularly liked the beginning, that i am going to remember for a long time.
Squall Leonhart chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
Honestly, this story scared me. It scared me because I can actually see this happening. It disgusts me that something like this is actually a possiblity, but it is, however remote it may be. I do believe that this is the first time I've been so moved by a piece of fiction. Good work.
me chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
well writian, if somwhat short-sharp edged, you could have expended it a great deal and made somthing great, as oposed to good.
tash chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
part of me is reminded of 1984. Its sad because things like this could happen and it's time more people were aware.
Rhion chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
Wow. Just wow. Heh... sometimes I worry that the States'll turn out like that, I live there currently. Also what they have been doing to the soldiers is suspect. One of friends was shot and serverly wounded, then they didn't take him to a non fighting zone, and after that (less than a week and half) he was back out fighting again. I just wish Bush/Cheney would leave the world, including their people, alone
Cinn chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
WOW!

A fellow person, going through the harsh world of Latin.

Your story is great! I think you should write more, telling how the war went. If you think so, but need help, I'd be happy to give you ideas.