Reviews for Half Palestinian, Half Jew
PoetFida chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
masha'allah you put lots of emotion into this poem, so inspirational! Keep up the writing,

your sis in Islam, Fifi
rubberducky07 chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Wow, that was nice. I liked it, lol. I have a question, what are you planning on studying? Your good at so many things mashallah.

-btw its alah :)
StarSparklez chapter 1 . 4/2/2007

You're the best! And don't worry about people not getting this one. I though it was pretty deep :), keep writting, God speed!
The Gentle Troubadour chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Oh for goodness sake, 'So Take Heart', do you not see the point of this piece? It's someone else's feelings! Not a tirade against your precious religion. And you really ought to go back to history class, your facts are warped. Anyway, on to this poem. It's incredible. And by saying 'incredible' I mean that it is one of the most honest, heart-wrenching and emotionally raw pieces of work that I've found so far. The last three lines in particular really grabbed my heartstrings.
outruntheavalanche chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
unknownwanderer: i heard the term palestine was applied to that area by the romans to spite the jews living there at the time. by giving the area the romanized name of the jews' enemies, the philistines (philistine - palestina - so on and so forth), it was their way of sticking it to the jews, who were rebelling against roman rule at the time.

rebecca of york: i'm a jew and i'm offended by your comment. like, a lot. and who says jews shouldn't marry non-jews? people should marry whoever they want. unless, it's like a cow or a tree stump or something.

also, orthodox jewry doesn't consider children whose mothers are not jewish to be real jews, as does conservative judaism i believe. reform judaism is open to interpretation concerning that matter. they welcome converts, as well as the children of intermarriage. so to say "if your mom isn't a jew, you're not a jew" is a broad generalization and one i resent, as a reform jew (albeit lapsed).

also. muslima, i enjoyed your poem. i can appreciate the confliction you must be feeling (or felt at the time of writing, because it's been two years i guess).

"The question is: will this world ever have a place for me?"

as far as i'm concerned, i really hope there is a place for you.

good luck. (i don't know enough arabic, so) shalom, peace, and good luck.
McQuinn chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Strong, emotional words. I enjoyed this. And hopefully, one day, there will be a place for you.
zayit chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Rebecca, what's your problem? First you laugh at Muslima's difficult situation, then you snarkily attack her poem on a technicality.

Muslima, there's more to "being Jewish" than what your mother was. Just because Rebecca and Magen consider you "zero percent" Jewish doesn't render your struggle invalid.
kkddkdk chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
wow, thats really good
Rebecca of York chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Ha, this is why Jews shouldn't marry non Jews. The children are always torn apart.

By the way you can't be "half Jewish". If your mom is Jewish, you are 100% Jewish. If your mom isn't, you are 0%. Sorry.
Soulist chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
This is good. You have really grown as a writer and I am proud of you. I know being "half" is hard. I am mixed. Pakistani and American. "Totally two opposites/with a clear divide/" and "The question is:will this world ever have a place for me?" great lines.
~Soulist
Linnet chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
The last line was amazing, an extremely powerful poem. I think I like this one best out of all of yours. Half Palestinian and half Jewish-that's a bit of a situation, isn't it?
Keep writing,
-Linnet
MagenDavid chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
WOW!
REALLY REALLY good!
Is your mother the one that's jewish? 'Cause if she's not, according to jewish law you're not jewish. Although being jewish IS awesome...I'd never give it away, not for ANYTHING!
Lady Daja-chan chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Wow...this is really deep, and I can feel emotions coming off of this. I can relate a little, but I still feel for you.
Beau Porteur De Diamant chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
i feel for u. i come from mixed heritage/relgions too.

-bpdd D
Victoria Gonzalez chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
I adored your poem, there is no doubt, I have to say that my favorite part was the last line. Now that I've raved about how I love your poem, and we're still total strangers, I'd like your permission. I publish a newsletter, it's an e-zine, but it's also distributed on paper, and we always include a Spotlight Poem, a poem that we really feel speaks to us, and I really enjoyed yours and would like your permission to use your poem as our spotlight poem. It will be under your name of course, and you'll receive a copy of the newsletter, and then any comments we receive will find their way into your mailbox. If you would like to check out our website it is

and our email is