Reviews for Write at Your Own Risk
Anarchy-in-america chapter 3 . 7/21/2004
I agree
Rowana S chapter 2 . 7/21/2004
Stupid review button isn't working. As I was saying, the issue here, or rather, the fact here is that the Arabs didn't win those wars, and Wilusa is pointing out an injustice. No one is saying that if the Arabs had won those wars they'd be justified in moving their own civilians in. The point here is that this newspaper could be biased.
-Rowana
Rowana S chapter 4 . 7/21/2004
Saying that there's some kind of Israeli conspiracy going on over here is a little overboard, but the issue here isn't that
S. T. Lawrence chapter 3 . 11/20/2003
I like this newspaper editor.

I wonder if you'd be on the side of the Israelis had the Arabs won either the 1948 war or the Six Days War? I wonder if you'd be so ardent to defend Israelis at the point, or start quoting away the Geneva Convention? Or would you tell me "Well, they won the land, that's how it goes"?

Hmm.

-Steve
S. T. Lawrence chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
You're ABSOLUTELY right jk-89! The Israelis have taken control of this country! Boy, how'd you ever figure it out? And Wilusa too, with her lovely thoughts of conspiracy-amazing. You two should run for office.

This anti-Israeli sentiment is ridiculous, and it's becoming unbelievable here. I'm glad not many people see the situation like you, nor support the actions of terror groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezzbollah, etc. Of course, they're only freedom fighters, right Wilusa?

-Steve, a American and also a Jew
jk-89 chapter 2 . 11/11/2003
That really is shamefull of the newspaper. My dad says 'this country is run by Israelis! quite frequently. I can now see where he is coming from.

Good luck!
Rowana S chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
We're behind you all the way, let me know how it turns out - my email is on my profile page.

This is brilliant. Have you considered sending your story to another paper, telling them how the mistake was not corrected, or even writing a column and sending it in to a smaller paper which accepts stories written by readers.

Good luck!
James Jago chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
I'm loath to involve myself in this, as I don't even know which newspaper it is, but it seems to me that there must be a large amount of unqualified pro-Israeli sentiment in the USA. Why else would they have Apaches and M1 Abrahms tanks to blow up buildings they claim might have terrorists in? I'm reminded of all those well-meaning Bostonians who donated money that helped fund thirty years of sectarian guerilla warfare in this country.
serasivad chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
*wishes Wilusa luck*
No Trust chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
Leaving aside the fact that Ashkenazi Jews are not descended from the ancient Hebrews, and their ancestral homeland is probably divied at up at the moment between Russia and Kazakhstan (or, if you want to go way back, somewhere in western China or Mongolia), I would have to say that if an individidual Jew had proof that a particular ancestor of his held a particular tract of land and was unjustly deprived of that land by, say, the Romans or Rhomanoi or Crusaders or some Islamic prince, then that individual has the right of return.

I also believe that Jews have the right to settle uninhabited land-so do Palestinians, even though Israel does not allow them to.

What they do not have the right to do is inhabit land that was taken by force from the previous Arab owners (many of whom have crystal clear proof of ownership), and to continue to destroy and steal the property of Arabs. Whatever lands Jews did not acquire by force or threat of force, they have every right to hold.