Reviews for A Justified Attack
serasivad chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
I like the use of centrist viewpoint. Unusual, an interesting take.
James Jago chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
Something weird happened to my previous review. Basically, this is the gist of the missing bit:

Is Calvin complaining that you AREN'T biased? In who's favour? Evenhandedness is as rare and valuable as original Rembrandts, and not just on this site.
Mbwun chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
Good thoughts, but the essay would benefit from an expansion on those thoughts. You did a good job of covering both sides of the issue.

~He Who Walks On All Fours
my two centavos chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
To be honest, I don't know whether to be happy for the Iraqis or not. This whole invasion looked similar to how the US government colonized my country and I feel that this could happen too to Iraq. Even though Saddam was a dictator and a mass-murderer, the Coalition threw him out by illegal means when they ignored the UN. Two wrongs don't make a right and the end does not justify the means.

The essay itself is too short at least for me and not all the important points were stated. There are also some grammar and spelling errors in it. However, I'm glad you took this with both sides of the issue.

Keep writing. I'll look forward to your next chapter.
James Jago chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
I was surprised that no WMDs have turned up, and although I've never been entirely comfortable with the 'Screw-the-UN-and-what-the-rest-of-the-world-thinks-let's-bomb-'em-anyway' attitude shown by the USA in recent years, I'm very glad to see Saddam gone.

. I somehow doubt that the intention was to provide something for him to take the piss out of.
C Shot chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
Sorry I have to pick at a few of your points.

"What followed was a quest to find weapons of mass destruction. To many American's surprise, none were found."

My friend you realize Iraq is mostly dessert and in a dessert there is a lot of sand (obviously)and if you put enough sand over an object, lets say a WMD, well it would take a considerable amount of time to find that big ol' nuke in there. SO wait and see an dyou'll get ye bomb.

"He's responsible for the deaths of many innocent (or not-so-innocent) people (I don't know the exact number, but it's far into the thousands)."

Saddam didnt kill thousands, he killed HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, in fact over four hundred thousand of Iraqi people, that is a twelveth of Hitler, this guy wasnt mad, he was beyond mad. But I know a few people that would rather let Saddam catch up to Hitler a little bit more.

Well I gotsta run, later.

~C Shot~
Le Creature chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
Saddam Hussein "was" a tyrannical dictator. Present tense implies he's still in power.

Other than that you did a good job of briefly presenting both sides of the argument, although fail to convince in any single aspect of your argument. Not as bad as it could be. Hope this helps,

_Le Creature_
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
Just a few brief notes on you essay. I enjoyed the fact that you covered both sides of the issue, even if that detracted from the entertainment value of th piece. I wanted to mention the length of the essay first, its far to short for the topics its covering. It is great that you want to add your voice to the ongoing debate, but more then three hundred words would be better.

Calvin Fitzgerald