Reviews for The Cemetery of Underground Herons
Loki Mischeif-Maker chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
That is awesome. A very picturesque forst chapter, I do believe. Your discription is wonderful, vivid, and I can see it (an increasing rarity in the world. . . .). It is also very intriguing. The herons are extremely well done.

As for things you could improve on, there are several sentinces that are either in complete, or in the present tense, where most of the story is in the past. Not something major, but something slightly irritating.

However, the majority of the story is awesome!
Cheers!
Kathryn Merlin chapter 4 . 3/15/2004
Once again I must say that I absolutely love the way you are writing this story! I really feel deep meaning in it. By the way, I remember reading in your bio before you updated it that you like the WOT series by Robert Jordan. I dont know about you, but i love book recomendations. Another series that is like WOT but even more spectacular is The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. The first book is called Wizard's First Rule. If you liked Wot, im sure u will love SOT.
One Up chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
thanks for revieing my poem. um, Chaotic Whispers
is...NOT FINISHED, dude. Lighten up a little bit, I'm
not done with it. But really, thank you for the
reviews, Drow. Great stroy so far, by the way. ;)
Ally
Mei-Lei chapter 3 . 2/2/2004
Sometimes Bro, I wonder why you seem to blush everytime someone compliments on how wonderful you are.
I've seen people envy your poetic writing, how insightful, how beautiful it is, no matter how grim. How you portray things simply with words is utterly amazing. You should know this.
Be glad that you have talent, and a style of writing that expresses who YOU are. Not many people do that anymore. As my older brother, you set a great example for me.
I suppose you're a motivational person in my life. You push me to be ME, and that's why I love you.
*Hugs* Incredible chapter for an amazing story.
~Rosie
Hoshii-chan chapter 3 . 1/31/2004
Wow...I love the way you write. It's so beautiful and soothing.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 3 . 1/28/2004
i love the way u are writing this story! i didnt get the first 2 chapters at first but after reading the third i went back and i understood them. its such a great way to write this kind of story! also the way u write, its so soothing and peaceful, even when u talk about death. excellent work! cant wait to read more!
K. M.
Lissa Wyga chapter 3 . 1/28/2004
wow, this has really progressed since I last read it (chp1) I really liked the second chapter, I found the third a tad confusing. But I got the jist, I'll have to read it again. :D
00Anonymous00 chapter 3 . 1/28/2004
Well, as always, excellent writing. Deep and intense.
Great work.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
I absolutely loved that. A bit weird but also dark and beautiful. Needless to say I'm hooked.
00Anonymous00 chapter 2 . 11/24/2003
Let me redeem myself from my last review of this story.

I've been holding my breath too long before I realize I really was doing it. The way your words flow and how it paints a reader's imagination is very vivid. And I assure you. I’m the kind who “loves” imaginations. _

Thrilling. Kind of like... Sky diving, although I don’t really know how that feels. But it seemed more appropriate a simile I can find.
Samuel Yoon chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
i don't mind if you borrow my quotes as long as you give me the credit...

and i was generalizing about the gay thing...

-sam
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
...

And you praised me...? I hardly believe you have justification to do so. This is...well, confusing of course, but I'm one to talk. It's light in a way, sort of sounds like it was written in a dreamworld trance. You display some exceptional writing skills here; I especially like the repetition of certain phrases in precisely the right spots. Your diction was flawless, and the overall sentiment of despondent but compliant death, a final act of duty, is overwhelming. Beautifully done.
Spider-Matt chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Your writing is unbelieveable! Absolutely amazing. I love it. I love your imagery, though some of your parallelism here is a bit odd. The story was quite peculiar as well, not that it matters. It was still a good story. It did remind me of that movie I've never seen, though. I think it starred Natalie Portman and she was helping birds find their way home. Was it called Flying Away Home? Did that movie give you this idea? Oh well. Great writing!
Kathryn Merlin chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
this is so good! it made me really feel sad, but in a sort of peaceful way...
Lissa Wyga chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
whoa, seriously interesting. So descriptive and insightful.