Reviews for The Official Mary Sue Manual
guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
awesome! I'm sure by the way you've potrayed this I won't ever make such a mistake.

Simbeswore chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
WOW! Oh boy. This was truly hilarious and highly informative. I want to point this out to all those writers who are convinced their characters aren't Mary Sue's even when I told them so, politely. And they all get monster-crazy angry at me, telling me I flame their stories. They told me their characters weren't Mary Sues because they had weaknesses and were not invincible. Well...being highly beautiful and irresistible to the point that every guy falls for the character instantly and occupationally tries to rape her, which doesn't bother her the least because she later becomes friends with the'rapist' (believe me I've read a story like this) is afterall a FREAKING MARY SUE!

Thank you very much! I hope its an eye opener for most but I'm sure none are as dumb to create characters as stated above.

DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! I am a beginning novelist and once regarded myself as an awesome character creator. Thank you for showing me how to fix, like, ALL of my characters!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
This is brilliant and lovely. I laughed a few times, nodded the rest of the time. You really hit the nail on the head.
Kasidy92 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
This actually put my fears to rest. For the longest time, I have been told that simply "weak female character" equals "Mary Sue". I've been so afraid that the main character of a certain story of mine was a Mary Sue because she is indeed weak, often gets into trouble, and is in many aspects a reflection of myself. This has assured me that I have not crossed in to Mary Sue territory, not in the least XD It has helped me actually examine everything I've created about this character besides the obvious points of weak and troublesome. In fact, I'm a little pissed now that I have been lead to believe I was making a Mary Sue ;; Thanks a bunch for this!
My.Writing.Is.My.Amulet chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Nice resource!
Interloper chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Good read, and very insightful. It's also glad to see that people can recognize this in all the trash that we see on the internet.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I wish I'd read this before writing my story!
Thanks for setting this out so well.
I'll read it again if I ever do something so silly as write another.
amberprimrose3906 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Awesome advice. Thanks for the help! (-)
Meows23625 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Dude, you're awesome. This guide is epic! Thank you so much for posting!
VannaM chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I have a lot of work to do. Thank you for killing my Mary Sue's/Gary Stu's before they could be unleashed on the world. This guide was great, and it helped me so I can go back and improve my stories.
Mr. Raleigh D chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I'm pretty scared now. I don't know if my following characters Stringy or Mopy are Mary Sues. This is an amazing warning but yet scared me at the same time. Thanks for the information.

From
MegaRdaniels
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Wow, this was pure genius. I realized that some of my OC's were close to a pity Mary-Sue. I'll have to fix that...

Though, question: How many flaws and perfections SHOULD a charry have? Like, if one of my characters had no friends, got bullied, but had good parents and family and could sing, would that be like the pity Mary-Sue? Keep in mind, there's still flaws about this charry, but he DOES get friends later on. Three bff's to be exact. I just wanna avoid a Mary Sue/Stu. It was just an example, though.

Thanks :]
Baby BlueJay chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Thanks SO MUCH for this. I think just reading this helped me become a better author, but of course I'll need to test these brilliant ideas still. This is very well-said and I admire your knowledge for this subject; I have no doubt you know exactly what you're talking about.

And to think, before I read this I didn't even really know what a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu character was... "

Anyways, thanks again! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this information. :D

Baby BlueJay
TheBlackRose chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
This is brilliant. Great job.
180 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »