Reviews for My Personal Apocalypse
JoseJavi chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
this is one of my favorite poems. Make a story out of it. you deserved those 10 bucks. i was wondering, who is that person you dedicate it to? i love yur poem because its humorous and witty.
Read my poem, "the dream". it sucks, it really does, but still i think its funny. shitty, but funny. keep it up.
noel-airman chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Hey, this was really good! I liked the imagery and the use of various mythologies, historical facts, etc., the atmosphere of all of this exciting stuff happening yet love still more important and fascinating than it all is great. I'd say you definitely deserved that ten bucks.
Magentian chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
*blinks at the last line, then bursts into tears* Dang it! Why? I adored it, except for that. The rest is so much more playful and inhuman, despite the declarations of love interlaced within, and then we have the last line, which is more narrarative and much, much more human. It's a near-total contrast.
*thinks* Actually, I would love it if you could somehow weave this into a story. It already has a very interesting character at the heart of it, a narrarative thread, romantic possibilities... *grins* yeah, that'd be great! Except, of course, for the fact that you're already so prolific.
You well deserved to win that contest, anyhow. At first, having totally forgotten the fact that this was a romantic poem, I thought that it might be a Devil-POV. Hey, you've done a God piece (very well, I might add), so why not? _ Overall, excellent as far as humor goes, and as interesting as ever when taken in all seriousness. *adds to faves*
AchillesMonkey chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
That was . . . interesting. cool.
Turtle Queen of Freeks chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Whoa.
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Great poem! Witty and humourous, yet meaningful too. My favourite line was "Our plumbing could rupture the core of the Earth". Keep writing :)
*cosmo-queen*
Brandon Walker chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Great poem! I'll be looking foward to seeing your work in book stores :.)
Lellida chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
WOW! I can see why you won. This poem is awesome. Just amazing. It's so consistent, rhymes well, and is funny too. I just love it! :)
lux perpetua chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
awesome! I never thought love poetry could be so funny! (if funny is what you were expecting...) ;)

you have a real gift for humor - perfect overstatement of everything. are you a fan of monty python? There's a lot of that awesome zanniness about this piece.

keep on writing! your wit is marvelous!

rv kingsbury
sodafreak chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
i lyked the first verse the most; that poem was amazing and creepy at the same time...i'm scared *smirks* good job; thanks for the tips for my story!

~soda
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
cool and creepy~ just the way i like it GReat job~

~Never the same~
orangefreak33 chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
Well, it's a different love poem, that's for sure. The different things that could cause the Apocalypse are all quite amusing, I especially liked the microwave one. The last line sticks out, and it should, it's the whole message of the poem. Almost "I'd do anything for you" but with a morbid twist. Good job.