Reviews for Band of Heroes, Inc
Respect Is Sexy chapter 10 . 12/22/2005
Amature matchmakershilarity. Always. Unfailingly. Great job.

I can tell you read/watch a lot of anime. the whole "guy walks in on girl bathing" thing is a total anime cliche. OTAKU OF THE WORLD UNITE. Of course, I always thought it was handled unrealistically in all the mangas. I mean, if my boyfriend walked in on me taking a bath, I wouldn't run out in an exagerrated rage and beat him up. I would burst into tears of embarassment, put my clothes on, and climb out the window and shimmy down the drainpipe so as not to have to face him.

But as I aleady said, Ren is probably less of a prude than I am. Not like that says a whole lot. the anime way is funnier anyways.
Respect Is Sexy chapter 9 . 12/22/2005
You really like carrots, don't you?

I must say, Varien's jealousy is getting on my nerves. Most writers seem to find it dramatic when a guy gets all jealous, but jealousy isn't actually a sign of love -it's a sign that he feels like he owns the girl. And THAT often leads to bad, bad things. Excessive jealousy is actually the most common sign of an abusive relationship. But what did you do to deserve the ranting of a feminist like me? :-P
Respect Is Sexy chapter 8 . 12/22/2005
*gets out megaphone* LOVE TRIANGLE!

Ah, one of the most tried and true stories in the expansive realm of Cliche. The arrogant bad-boy against the uber-prim knight in shining armor. Of course they're both hot and the bad boy always wins. You are truly an amazing writer, because your story is riddled with cliches and yet I really, really like it. Mad props!

Just one objection: "Quite alright, my lady." The man said, bowing. Ren flushed. No one had ever behaved like this to her before.

Um. A lot of people so far have attempted to treat her like a princess, and she blew up in her face because, in case you forgot, she's an escapee and HATED being a princess. She certainly changed her mind pretty quickly, don't you think?
Respect Is Sexy chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
Varien's sarcasm is so great. Things just seem to be getting more and more out of hand for poor Ren. I like her irrationality. The schizo elves should be VERY interesting. I can't wait to read more.
Respect Is Sexy chapter 6 . 12/22/2005
I'm confused. Why are the elves commenting on Variel's taste in clothes? But I guess I'm soon to find out. Ya know, Ren makes a point. Variel hasn't done such a good job of protecting her so far. It seems he's just gotten her into even more trouble. Typical man :-P
Respect Is Sexy chapter 5 . 12/22/2005
lmao. She's the wrong heroine and now she has to guard a battery! and the old lady was too busy dying dramatically to explain anything to her! LMAO! I kinda wonder why they followed her to begin with, and I'd have liked you to describe her better. But I really love this story! Keep up the awesome work!
Respect Is Sexy chapter 4 . 12/22/2005
OMG I read your bio and TERRY PRATCHETT IS MY FREAKING HERO! Genius, just pure, utter genius. Wh00t. I try (and fail) to emulate him in my writing as often as I can. MAD CRAZY TERRY PRATCHETT FANS UNITE!

Ok, now time to talk about your actual story. You're very creative in your invention and description of the monsters. I was never very good at that, so I tend to stick with monsters that have already been invented and just play up and/or completely destroy all of the stereotypes surrounding them. Yours sound like the things from the Dungeon Dimensions! Oh God I love Rincewind... I also love your dragon character, he is HYSTERICAL. And just so you know, I update my story tonight. I don't know if you have me on alerts or not, so I thought I'd tell you...
Respect Is Sexy chapter 3 . 12/22/2005
I like the spider thing, it's funny. If she really found sharing the bed so disgusting she could sleep on the floor herself. That's what I would do. Of course, she's a princess, not used to anything less than perfect comfort and probably much less of a prude than I am. But this story is good so far! I'm going to take a temporary break in reading it, but I'll be back soon! I intend to have it finished by the end of christmas break!
Respect Is Sexy chapter 2 . 12/22/2005
I heart your dialogue. so many fictionpress authors write dialogue that sounds like they had never heard a real person talk before. Your dialogue is beautiful. It's realistic and reflects the characters, as it should be.

lol I like Varien. Sarcasm is the awesome. I'm going to move onto the next chapter now...
Respect Is Sexy chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
it will probably take me a while to read this story, but I'll keep working on it. It seems interesting, and you're a talented writer!

I will admit that I am really, really, really, REALLY sick of beautiful heroines. I hate them. I'm not dissing Ren, she already seems very spunky and appears to have some depth to her. It's just that when you read enough female-centered fanfiction, you get sick of hearing every single first chapter how beautiful the heroine is. It gets so repetitive. I'm sure you understand. I used to do the exact same thing, but I've mostly broken the habit. Oh well. I'm not going to lecture you. She's your character, after all.

Anyways, this chapter is funny. I'm going to stop babbling and move on to the next one. I'm one of those people who reviews every single chapter, and I REALLY like to talk, so hold onto your hat sister xD
Lark of the Poets chapter 17 . 12/18/2005
Bwahahaha! *falls off chair laughing* L ove it!
Teah Marie chapter 16 . 12/16/2005
This is so weird- it's hilarous! I am THE Shadow, Caryn
Adelly-kins chapter 10 . 11/19/2005
[Varien glared across at Ren from across the clearing, thankful that Araleen had managed to get rid of his cow ears and tail quickly enough]

Hey, how come Varien doesnt have magic? He's a fairy god-...boyfriend(?) right?

And *sob* Why didtcha make Irindar a perv? *pouts*...I was just beginning to think he was kinda cute...

...wait..he likes fashion...is he like gay or something?

*innocent look*
Adelly-kins chapter 8 . 11/19/2005
[Araleen squinted at Varien. "Are you here father?"

Startled, Varien let go. "What? No."

"Um. . .overprotective friend?"

"Not exactly." Varien frowned.

"Ah! I know!" Slightly-clueless-Araleen grinned in triumph. "You're her jealous lover!"

"WHAT?" Varien yelled. "NO!"

"Then there's no reason why I can't court her." Araleen said, sauntering away.

"Y-you. . ." Varien growled. "DAMN HIM TO THE SEVEN HELLS!"]

That was actually very smart of Araleen. I mean he totall pulled one over Varien. So he is the not-so-clueless-Araleen now!

Teehee. Me like him!
Adelly-kins chapter 4 . 11/19/2005
OMG I was totally rolling on the floor with laughter in this chapter! Dude, you are GOOD!

One problem, uhh...how did the dragon come out of the forest and...*gets fit of giggles*...fart fire at the moster-thingy since they were supposed to be still in the inn, right? At least you never mentioned them leaving the inn.

...and is the inn supposed to belong to someone evil? Coz uhh...it kinda seems so...tempting offers, rediculously large amounts of food, seemingly dim owner, random popping up of evil monsters in bedroom...So how come they managed to just uhh..run into the woods?

But anyways, I guess I'll just read on and see.

:D