Reviews for Concentrated on Falling Apart
absentmindedprofessor chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Wow.
This is the first time I've ever read a story (or anything remotely like this) about a boy with bulimia (at least, that's what I'm assuming). Brilliantly written, as if Mike was actually thinking the way that he's portrayed (obsessive-compulsive, observant and such) and great storyline. I really loved this one-shot.
Faery Changeling chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
This is really different. Stories where the main character has bulimia are usually about girls, and that makes this one special. It's really sad.
forkandyoghurt chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Quite rare to see an anorexic guy o: Anyway, I love how you captured an anorexic's mind so perfectly :D
PeanutButterKnife chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Anorexic Mike.

I thought of Identity Disturbance when I read this.

Well-written :)
Kit-Kat Punk-lover chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
You capture the element of anorexia amazingly. It almost seems like what Mike is doing is right in his own mind (when really it's not). Absolutly flawless in every way.
Goldenstars chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
I'm just sitting here with my mouth open.

Somehow you perfectly captured how Mike believes what he doing is right and at the same time makes the reader feel disgusted.
silver shaft chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
wow you never really think of guys having eating disorders...so sad.
Pirate Bones chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
This is the same Mike in Identity Disturbance right? It's Mike Lanuti? I like this dude. He is so adorable! I wish you would come back and write more...
Maggie Summers chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Wow.

Well, I always wondered what people are thinking when they have these disorders. Guess I know now...

-Maggie
Feel The Waltz chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Flawless, again.
eyesoar chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
wow, this was really god
just a ray of sunshine chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Wow, that was amazing. I love how you captured the main character so well without it sounding kind of whiny and emo. You are definitely a GREAT writer.
Nghi chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
WHAT. Your stuff is amazing, loser. 8D

Ah, another rare case of boy anorexia. Or at least, on fp anyways. I liked it. :) I loved how throughout the story there was the clashing mentality of how the masculinity boys should emulate, versus the whole eating disorder thing.

And I especially LOVED how Mike would rather be effeminate rather than be masculine, if being masculine meant that he had to eat. That's a very different POV right there, and it's probably true.

When you talk about the food in there, it sounded very much like me, because I envision myself eating shit like that, but I'm just too afraid of going for it.

And wtf at him being 105 pounds before. I WANT to be 105. I'm terrified of the scales. Sometimes it shows what I want to see, and sometimes it doesn't. Either way, the numbers are terrifying because it can either make or break my day. In Mike's case, it probably holds true, too.

Binging is the worst feeling ever. That's when you just suddenly lose it, you know? And things are ruined forever. :( I feel so bad for him and everything.

"Mike passed out on the bathroom floor, his head hitting the scale. There was a smile on his face when they found him an hour later."

I really like this last line. OK, I'm going to play analysis here and say that the way his head fell onto the scales could mean that he died THINKING about his weight. And there was a smile meaning that, obviously, he was very proud for being "strong" and resilient to the enemies presented towards him.

That's some pretty powerful stuff, and I don't know whether to insert a ":D" or "D:", because while it's written well, the topic is just so GARH!sad.

Good work, though. Good work.

-Nghi
Frore chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Beautiful and to someone who is ED-NOS. You captured the emotions of my friends (Miraiki, on although I might have spelled that wrong) recommended you to me because you write so well, and I have yet to be disappointed. ) I thought you might like to know.
Empty Jigsaw chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Amazing insight; your empathy for the bulemic/ anorexic character is amazing, how it's about so much more than being thin (you have to keep control, each pound you lose is another personal victory) and yet how it's all about being thin (can you feel the bone? you ought to be able to feel every bone). I love your style, it follows the off balance mind that somehow makes logical , Empty Jigsaw