Reviews for Marianne
Moppish chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Very Impressive. I am very fond of fairy tale retellings (I'm writing one myself, it's a gender switched telling of Sleeping Beauty) and this is an extremely good one. You truly re-told the story for me. Like, the ideas you introduced, this story could've been horribly done with just saying "She had a tower in her mind. It was made of stone. Yeah." Or whatever, but you did a very good job of using symbolism and reality at the same time. You told this story to the point that I felt like I had never heard the story of repunzel before.

The only part I was disatisfied with was the last two paragraphs. It felt like you were trying too hard to conclude it. I'd almost like it if you took out the second to last paragraph and just edited the last paragraph a tad and left it at that.

Very nice work.
Quid chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
WOW. That was really good. It was some how just like the original story, while being comepletely different. It was just great.
Sir Keilah chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
The beginning of this story really grapped me. I like the style of narration and how it focuses on what the witch did and thought more than the other people. Also, once marianna entered the picture, how the perpective still seemed to stay with the witch for a while and then shift to marianne gradually. A tower in the mind? It's possible. I like how you worked in the connection with her hair. The ending seemed a little, not out of character, but the writing didn't seem to fit as nicely. Anyway, good story.
-Keilah
Lightning-Strike chapter 1 . 12/16/2003
*stares*
*claps and cries and smiles* Lovely. Lovely lovely lovely and if there was a stronger, more fitting word, I would use it, but my mind can't focus on anything but this lovely lovely work of poetry in story.
child-dragon chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
Wow... the ending is so sudden, so harsh. It's like everything is torn down in a heartbeat, leaving the reader standing on the ruins of the tower. You might want to spend more time on Tim's blindness - you dwell on the tower for so long that he is a bit neglected.
Forsakn chapter 1 . 11/16/2003
Flawless. Brill. Perfect. Etc. I LOVE it.