Reviews for The Irony of a Rose
mysticalfluff chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
So true...awesome poem.
Ela-chan chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
Alas, I'm running out of things to say. Your poetry strikes a cord in me.
CydCharisse chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
I really liked this one...ah, I love all of 'em. Who am I kidding...
Anyway, you talked about 'have you ever loved something that was almost perfect?'
This may not be the message you're trying to get past, but I know what you mean, by thinking that something is just so great and wonderful, and you tell yourself you love it with all your heart, but then you see the thorns, and you realize that it's not perfect, and you wonder why you thought it was so great...
I used to have a problem with thinking a lot of things were perfect, but now I know that everything has a thorn, and you expressed it very well.
Blackout the Swordsman chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Perhaps the irony is that the rose is perfect in imagination, but if you cling to fantasy so steadfast you ignore what is real you may not notice the thorns of reality.
Amorette chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
This is a really beautiful poem! Keep up the good work!
Razor Sharp Kisses chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
Oh boy do I know the irony all too well. I like this part a lot:
An unfathomable deep beauty, that no one knows./A striking vision… A classic, red rose.
BrokenLover chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
wow.. u know what.. I never thought of it... about the thorns I mean... you get stuck lookinga t the rose you forget the horns are there!
This is a great poem! it makes you think...
Anna
Siberia82 chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
*claps hands* Wow, that was AWESOME. My heart was just blown away when I read this. The words just seemed so rich, gorgeous, but full of pain. You're a very talented poet. Bravo on creating such a marvellous piece of art!