Reviews for Siren's Lullaby
Stesha chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Shouldn't the word 'lost' on the third to last line be 'loss'?

I like this idea.
method acting chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Excellent. Mythology is like an ocean itsself, and you have captured but a peice of the ever-winding tales that carry even up to present day. If you look hard enough. Though the magic in this world lessens every day, only in the old country is it clearly seen, and with so little people believing...well, you can see. In anycase, excellent imagry and wonderful words. I believe you deserve a place on my favorites list. Cheers'
Arabian Knight chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
wow. did i tell you i simply LOVE poems or, for that matter, anything to do with the sea? it makes me go all tingly inside and makes my spirit want to glide among the waves ...i'm getting carried away. i love that bit when it says "a song to their beloved, a sonata of sorrow, abeat of sunken ships and drowned sailors". that makes me even more ,arabian knight
Shiori Kaze chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
...Oh, my. That was very good. The siren is one of my favorite mythological creatures. It'll take me awhile, but I'll read the rest of your works. Thanx for reviewing my poem!
sugarplumfairie chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
This is very deep and thoughtful...I'm not a great poet but if were I would say this is very 'true' to the mermaid mystery. I have always been fascinated with mermaid/sirens and the fantasies connected with them, and from what I have read from your poem it was very captivating. Thank you for reviewing my poem, it is much appreciated!

Toodles

sugarplumfairie
saber-toothed jellybean chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
trestrestrestres bon! stupid american keyboard...gah! just ignor me. lol! oh! you described their songs extremely well! mistic... a tune of death. yes. verymuchso.
Cassandra-Adara chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
Absolutely brilliant. I love sirens, and you really do an excellent job of portraying them.
"A song to their beloved
A sonata of sorrow
A beat of sunken ships
And drowned sailors
A symbol of
The siren's sorrowful fate"
My favorite part.
Laksha chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
Unique, and very haunting...has a very eerie feel to it. Great imagery, flows nicely. I really like this, awesome work.
Swan L. Ing chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
Oh wow. Very powerful. I love the idea that the sirens are lonely not just heartless temptresses. Lovely.
mpcp13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
I like this poem. Thanks for reviewing mine.
the fourth wheel chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
Really good
Kristina
Snooboostoo chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Very good I love the idea of sirens...I just love them...Very good poem