Reviews for Winter's Ballad
Happy Nappy chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
This is an amazing poem I love what you've done here. I got goosebumps while I was reading it! I really like the words you chose and I love how the poem has a certain rhythm to it as you read it. I wish I could write like this!
Catie chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
This poem describes winter in great detail-it seems like I'm actually standing outside watching the winter come. The metaphors are spot on, each word seems carefully chosen, and the strict form adds a nice rhythm to it.
This is easily one of the better pieces of poetry I have found on Ficiton Press. Keep up the good work.
poetry-daemon chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
Very well done! Your use of personification is especially gratifying in this poem. Your rhyme scheme also works well; it isn't forced. You talk about "a land of glass and light," which was a great image. I wonder if you could use that quality again? Also, I noted that you were using a syllable pattern, which you did well. But sometimes, the best thing that can be done with a pattern is to break it at the end, it can be very effective. I would love to see what you could do if you experimented with that.

Overall, a wonderful job. The spirit of winter is captured in this poem (and I love winter.) Thanks for the review! I look forward to seeing more of your work!
slumberdoll chapter 1 . 11/19/2003