Reviews for Shadow Play
poodle chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
*shudders*

wonderful stories. (but of course they always are!) :)
CerriC chapter 6 . 1/12/2005
I loved this! The poems were great, but the first person narration was awesome. Cain was by far my favorite, but Ariadne struck a chord as well. Cain has always been an interesting character for me too. Beautifully written.
Blayne chapter 6 . 9/11/2004
wonderful. this whole concept is amazing and you've written it out flawlessly. i am utterly speechless.
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 6 . 2/22/2004
Good description, and the interludes is what helped write this one. I liked it overall. It wouldn't of been fair for me to review it chapter by chapter, I usually wait until the entire story is done before I post a review or of that nature. You did a very good job writing this, and coming from a country which has an imagination - this says a lot. Thank you for the review on Shadow of the Gathering, that is what you call American brutality at its darkest. Something about the states reinvented the Gothic genre, and where I say in an email - what I do is coming from the mind of a Christian, it would be something that would be more darker than a Satanist.
xerosphere chapter 6 . 1/19/2004
You're very skilled with the first-person voice. I especially liked Ariadne's. She sounded as if she has always been looking backwards in time and space.
Wrider chapter 6 . 1/5/2004
I think every time I read a chapter from this piece I'm going to say: You're prose is absolutely wonderful, it's stunning. "Where once the flute and the drum praised our Lady, now only the whisper of the wind laments the passing of the Old Ways." I really liked that, especially the last bit, it really evoked some nice imagery - loved it!
The baava Project chapter 6 . 1/2/2004
I started reading this a while ago but haven't had a chance to review until now. But I am so happy I am FINALLY able to tell you how much I like this! Each poem, each passage for a different spirit, is told with such retrospect that it was quite enthralling to read - especially if I didn't get who it was at first (namely Sulphur Dreams and Corona Borealis, yes my Greek mythology is a bit rusty for the latter) to go back and read it again. So beautifully done.
As far as Blood of Thy Brother goes, I saw nothing blasphemous about it (yes, I am Christian, though non-practicing). If you only mean by taking that story and putting your own spin on it, that's simply creative outpouring to me. *shrug* Actually, the depth with which you saw into that old story astounded me . . . and it was so sad . . .
I think the last one was my favorite. That touch of madness was what got me. _
I hope you continue! I can't wait to see who you'll pick next.
ja,
LoK
giygas666 chapter 6 . 12/31/2003
I didn't get it at first, but since you've told us who's speaking, I was able to look up the legend in one of my old books. After reading the interesting myth this is based on, it all made sense to me. I guess I should thank you for inspiring me to look into it. As with your other entries, I'm impressed by your ability to really flesh out these characters. And as always, it's elegantly written. Keep it up.
Wrider chapter 5 . 12/30/2003
WOW! (sidetrack from the story review here) You have a web site for your world of Akretera! That is awesome, and I was impressed.
Okay, on to the review: I must say, I just love your imagery, it's so nicely done and not complicated, or anything. I don't have to think about it to draw up a picture. Wonderful.
Wrider chapter 3 . 12/30/2003
Hee hee...the first few lines had the same rhythm as some little thing the witches said in Shakespeare's Macbeth...sorry, I've been studying that lately...everything's Macbeth! Rather annoying...
Anyway - great poem, chilling like the previous chapter, which you do very well - chilling that is. The word choice really adds to it, gives it that sight and feel...of chilliness and creepiness.
Wrider chapter 2 . 12/30/2003
Speechless...or, at least my words have failed me.
That was something - you have an amazing ability to put so much feel into what you're writing. And it all flows together until it just feels like the emotion that's emanating from the story, or narrator. As I read it I wasn't aware of anything happening around me, at all. Very good, very gripping - excellent, and chilling.
The B.A.T chapter 5 . 12/28/2003
Good poem. Not sure if you're referring to the tale of the Minotaur as I'm not sure what the relevance of a Lavrys is to the story, but I can't help liking this whether or not I'm right. Hmm... strange. On to the next chapter.
-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
Limyaael chapter 6 . 12/28/2003
I really liked that, especially the ending. It's all too easy to see Ariadne as this easily duped young girl, if one forgets about her ending with Dionysius. And the frescoes being the same ones her slave created was brilliant.
I am glad you noted the Goddess's caprice, though; that was making me cringe through the first part of the story. She was seemingly cruel only to be kind, though.
-Limyaael.
Scythe de Zaran chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
Vey well written. Good job.
Magpie Poet chapter 2 . 12/5/2003
damn. i was guessing saruman. (*cough* sorry. don't mind me. counting the days...)
my, you have been busy. utterly psychotic, but in a good way. this chapter seems to thread inbetween fevered and objective. creepy.
45 | Page 1 .. Last Next »