Reviews for Fall like Dolls
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
wow... quite frankly might be one of the prettiest poems i've read in a while.
Premeditated Chaos chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Confusing and cryptically beautiful. I love it, especially the imagery. "Splash the hot wax across the clouds..." - incredible in its vividity and originality, as is the entire poem.
Thanks also for the review!
pleasecometrue chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
"it wasn't blood, but red liquidy crayola"
My favourite line! That was amazing... I wont bother to tell you how amazing 'cause I'm not very good with words so i'll just leave it at that. Amazing.
frugale chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
PERFECT! I'm glad I read this poem twice. Excellent, quality work; I'm honoured to have been reviewed by you. You are so creative and expressive! The ice theme, both used at the beginning and the end of the poem ... And your references to the Greek Mythology! So few people use some. I loved the part with the colored pencils.
Magpie Poet chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
a beautiful mix of sort of traditional images and new ones, all mixed up and given meaning again. never thought of crayons as haunting; or of seeing angels and phoenix and the styx in close proximity and working so damn well. all the color dies in the last line, just cool!
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
A truly excellent poem. The words you used are amazing, they flow together to create the most haunting and mystical imagery. This is going on my favourites. Keep up the excellent work!
*cosmo-queen*
Etereo chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
'tis beautiful. You're sense of imagery is just-wow. extremely well done
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
*tries to breathe* WOW! Another amazing poem, I think you're such a great poet. The imagery (of course there's imagery, hey but I can picture these images in my head) and the concept is so different from other's. It's nice to see that there are poets like you still around with such a good imagination. I'm very impressed.
*Jenna*
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
wow...awesome poem! your writing is amazing, wonderful vivid imagery, this piece is very beautiful, but tragic. i love it. great job. keep writing!
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Incredible. I love how you use all the symbols such as the Styx River, and the crayon red instead of blood, etc. This poem is awesome. One of the best poems I have read lately, actually. You rock.
Keep writing.
Mime chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
This was so tragically beautiful, I loved every word of it! You have a real talent for writing, never doubt that.
teh tarik chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
That was simply beautiful, and really very tragic also. You have a wonderful way with words, and can convert something simple like that skating accident into something so powerful and heartbreaking. what can i saay except that I loved this to bits.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
Damn that was good, disturbing, but at the same time original in concept and wondefully put together.
Exceptionally well done
KEEP WRITING!
F.C
Electra Fairford chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
Amazing. Powerful...I get the impression on closer inspection that this was intellectual play to write - the mythology references and wordplay brilliance don't usually show up in pure straight-from-the-heart poems - but it came out incredible. My hat is off to you.
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 11/25/2003
*is utterly blown away* the caliber of this poem is beyond words. my heart was literally aching by the end of it. i loved how you set the scene in the beginning and then destroyed it (i specifically remembered the melted crayon wax on the ice being a powerful image). your descriptions never cease to entrance my mind, i can always see them, but this one went even beyond your standards. you *redefine* the word 'imagery.' there's no way i can possibly pick favorites from the images because there are far too many. i had a couple favorite lines impact-wise, though: "i'm afraid i'll freeze you" stopped me dead in my tracks for a second or three, and "you slipped..." awesome move to italicize that, reading it made me feel like i was the one slipping and it absolutely did a fantastic job setting off the whole downward spiral of death and sorrow. this is a transcendent piece of poetry and i am not worthy to set eyes on it (i'm so eternally sorry for taking so long to review!). KUDOS chica, you deserve a few galaxies full of it for this one.