Reviews for Childhood Demons
TotallyA chapter 27 . 4/8/2011
Just when the story started to get really exciting, I realize that there were no more chapters. ( This is a really cool story! It was a little slow and confusing toward the beginning but it really picked up. I'm still not sure what the whole empress thing had to do with everything but I'm sure you'll tell us in due time.

I have a couple of questions though. First who was that statue of? Or is that something else that we have to wait and find out. Second , didn't Morbrox say something about Malin not being Cori's actual sister? What was that about? Third is there a way to tell if the daemon is possessing a body? I'm not sure if you said anything but you mentioned that Brix's eyes turned red and I"m assuming that is a sign.

Anyway update soon can't wait to find out what's happening.
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Half-sketch recommended this on his/her profile page...

and this is good!...'m looking forward for the next chap!

-Littleloser-
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 23 . 3/22/2009
konnichi wa

Hm, I think something that would be wise to work on in your writing is imagery. You have quite a bit of excellent dialogue, but dialogue alone is not enough for a book, for a story. You need more description, more imagery - to balance it out a bit.

half-sketched.staccatos chapter 22 . 3/22/2009
konnichi wa

Cori is quite an interesting character, really. He seems much to naive, you know? - but in a loveable sort of way. The scene was a bit dramatic, but it was not too strange, really.

One thing I think you should cut out are your elipses. You use far too many of them, which makes the writing stilted and somewhat awkward at times.

Sorry for the delay in reading; life has gotten the better of me for quite some time. I will do my best to catch up soon.

half-sketched.staccatos chapter 18 . 7/19/2008
konban wa

Wow, congratulations! (Just checked your profile only to read that you've gotten engaged.) Wow. I'm so happy for you. :D

You said in this chapter that Malin was a four-year-old... I thought she was five, though.

“Eatable berries ... I'm not stupid!”

“Edible,” Cori corrected automatically.

Aw, cute. I liked that part.

"breaked...”

“Broke.”

“...Broked,”

Again, adorable.

- - -

Hm, quite a bit of double-crossing in this chapter, isn't there? And WHO was the statue that Cori saw? That's what interests me most right now.

*sigh* I guess I won't hear from this story for a while, hm. *sad sigh*

Counting Petals chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Review Marathon! (See the link and explanation in my profile for details.)

I think this is an interesting idea. I usually don't read about demons, but something about the brother cursing the sister caught my interest, especially now that he's the one having to deal with it. You're showing the consequences of his actions and how it's torturing him, and I like that.

Your descriptions were really good, too. I could see everything, but you didn't go overboard. So good job for that, too. )
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 17 . 4/25/2008

Mouth. Drops.

Oh my GOD! That was NOT expected! Edaris... his-his SON? OMG OMG OMG!

"“Why’s he praying?” Aesca demanded, “What’s wrong?”

“Because he’s a priest,” Lyndra told her, “nothing’s wrong; you’re doing just fine.”" - I loved this scene. Heh heh, that was funny. Why's he praying? Because he's a priest. LoL, great scene.

OMG! Still reeling!

half-sketched.staccatos chapter 15 . 4/24/2008
konban wa

Sorry it took me so long to read; I've been crazy busy lately. I'll have to wait to read the other chapters, matter of fact. :P But I loved this one. FINALLY some explanations here as to why the demon possessed HER of all girls, such an innocent child - why it didn't kill Cori first chance it got, how she was de-possessed, etc.

Oh no. Brix, great hater of Arma, has been possessed by none other than! Poor girl. I almost feel bad for her. I DO feel bad for her, though not as bad as for Cori and his sister when she'd been possessed.

Soosie chapter 14 . 3/22/2008
dun dun DUN
Soosie chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Oh. My. God. (I sound really preppy but those are the only words I am thinking.) You write amazingly well. I think you might even be able to get this published! I'm going to read the next chapters...
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 14 . 2/11/2008
konban wa

I love the concept you came up with about why winter turns to spring. It was so beautiful and... mythological. :)

"A new life for Malin meant certain death for himself." *shiver* So sad. *sniffle*

Seriously? She's protected in the walls of the temple? No wonder nothing bad happened yet. That's so exciting. Too bad it's not permanent, though... is it? From the way the High Priest spoke, it sounded temporary; but I can never tell what twists you may through my way. ;)

Please update soon!

half-sketched.staccatos chapter 13 . 12/15/2007
konban wa

Intense. Wow. It's like you posted just yesterday, and there hasn't been a pause from one post to the next. :D

I want to know why Maebrí cursed Xaran before he was born. She must have, right? Otherwise, she'd have died like Cori's mother did, right? Because everyone around one of the demon-children dies except the person who curses him/her? Is that true? Anyway, I'm curious to find that out!

Beautiful chapter, of course. As per usual. :)

Zaijen

karma-dollie chapter 12 . 11/7/2007
Oh wow. Your writing is so beautiful, I'm beyond envious. It's absolutely beautiful. Like, I feel childish in comparison. But it's okay because I'm working on my writing all the time and after comparing old and recent writing, I'm quite pleased with myself. Heheh. Plus, it gives me a point to work towards.

I just don't even know what to say. I'm in love with your characters and the places and the animals and the events and everything you've invented in this story. The passages in italics remind me of a series I've read. I don't know if you know The Belgariod. Amazing books! So let me stop gushing now. I'll attempt to sit quietly until the next chapter is up. I'm sorry for taking so long to review. School is attempting to drown me.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 12 . 9/25/2007
konban wa

You seemed reluctant to write this chapter, but I'm glad you did in the end. It was absolutely beautiful - touching, heartbreaking. Stunning. :)

1. Why aren't the people around Malin dead?

2. "when someone threw their arms forcefully around his neck." Do you know the anticedent rule thingy? Basically, if your first word is "SOMEONE," your second can't be "THEIR." It has to match: "when someone threw his/her arms forcefully around his neck."

Gute nacht

half-sketched.staccatos chapter 11 . 9/25/2007
konban wa

No, no, no, no. You can't kill Xaran; you just can't. Oh, please... how could you do that? *sob*

Zaijen