Reviews for The Piano
chells chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
yeah! i liked the whirl-wind journey into the cosmos of music! I love how your heart's drum still holds your attentions when the song is complete... you can never escape the music!
InfiniteDreamer04 chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
Astounding job! i play piano too and you somehow managed to describe the undescribable (if thats a word...) Well, good job.

Keep it up. Feel free to review my works.

MizzThang04
Rothwyn Escarlata chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
This is very pretty-you capture the emotion very well. I'm not a musician (my euphoria of music comes of listening, not making, unfortunately!) but I get the same feeling from art-I once stayed up almost all night painting and didn't realise I was tired until it was finished! It's a very difficult thing to describe-I normally call it meditation, but it's far more than that. I love the way your poem begins in reality and swoops off into the euphoric, otherworldly place that such things as music and art take you to, then back to reality at the end. It's almost sad in the return to reality, actually...very good job.
M. R. Smale chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
I can really relate to this since I am also a pianist.
Sang Yu Nung chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
Yay! *shakes hand w/ fellow piano player*- it's nice to read someone who understand and can put into words what one feels when playing the piano... and maybe an other instrument... but especially the piano! Fantastic!
Niph speaks chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
...
This is an amazing piece. Also being a pianist, I understood completely the deep emotions that you were trying to portray. Excellent.
AlterEthereal chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
once again, this is amazing! i played the piano when i was very little, maybe 5 or 6 years old. i'm seriously thinking of taking it up again. :) beautiful work!
AlterEthereal
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
I think the piano is probably the most poetic instrument. This poem fit all the feeling it can bring perfectly. Great job.
-God bless-
A Beautiful Nightmare chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
I understand since I play piano too... the emotions you describe feel so realistic...
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
Nice job... you really captivated the emotion one can feel while playing the piano.
I sometimes feel the same way... but when I write about the piano, it is different. I like your style; you show lots of emotion. Nice job
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
Beautiful. I can't relate in the least bit. I used to play piano, and it was a chore. I'm glad that some people love making music, because if everyone were like me we'd be a bunch of people who love listening to music but hate making it :D
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
Wow! This is so amazing... I play the flute, and I can totally relate! You've described this so well!
CoolBeans18s
daphnegray78 chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
Awesome poem! I really, really love it. Very well described. Great job! :o) Would you consider reading my poem "The Music?"
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Absolutely beautiful work. I know exactly what you mean, I could play my keyboard forever, and once I almost nodded off to sleep once playing because the music was so soothing, lol. And lately I've been in a really musical mood, absorbed in one of the songs I'm creating. The feeling of playing out the emotions of your soul and getting lost among them is a feeling which is very hard to describe. But you did it well. Ah, sorry, I ramble, but it's really nice to find a poem which describes the euphoria of music. Keep writing, and playing :)
*cosmo-queen*
Star-Gir1 chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
I can relate, since I play the violin. I love your poem, its so beautiful and inspirational. _ Thanks for reviewing my poem. God bless! *hugs*