Reviews for Silence
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
I could relate to this... my one-year-old brother was choking once and couldn't breathe, and I got so scared. My heart was pounding and I was shaking, I didn't know what the hell to do. Lucky my parents were there. I love that kid so much, I don't know what I'd do without him, so your words really hit me here. So much emotion in them; hope, mostly. Brilliant write, I love it.
Simon283 chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
EK! Get better small boy! My god! That was SO expressive. Your words are SO subtle yet SO pwerful. Keep up the GREAT work, i loved it. Never ever ever stop writing, your incredible.
S
Intricate chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
"Parents feel helpless, so they turn on each other,
Trying to sort their feelings out, searching for help,
Looking for an answer to their questions."
AMEN! my parents always do that, cant they just think for themselves? ahaha talented you are :) ty for the review btw :)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
thanks for the review... very sweet poem
Celestial Sailor chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
That silence is something we all know, but do not comprehend. It cannot be labelled because it is formless and is always known. This strange enigma leads us to the more pressing issue of your emotional state of being, how do you feel now? Very powerful emotion is virtually hanging off the walls as one is to read this poem, and almost instantly we feel we have walked those lanes and streets and returned scarred and hurt, but telling the tale.
For both you and your loved one's sake, I hope you have recovered well and true, becoming stronger than ever before.
-Celestial Sailor
Winged One1 chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
"Or will he turn into a pretty cage, for a damaged soul?"
Even if I had any, I wouldn't have the heart to crit this...I hope he gets better!
winged one
xanya chapter 1 . 12/6/2003
Hey, this is such a great poem! You've got so much emotion in it, yet it's still very realistic. My little brother's never had an accident... maybe cos I don't have one, but I can still get what you were feeling. I hope he gets better! If it helps, when I was one, my mum dropped me on my head, and I'm okay. Sorta... Anyway, this was such a fantastic poem! I really loved it. Thank you for reviewing my odd poem about thieves... it meant a lot. Great work!
Birdaloo chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
AH! i want to cry for you! is he ok? did he get better? PLEASE get better baby boy! mia, this is AMAZING! absolously BREATHTAKING! i can feel your fear. You make the reader able to see thruogh your eyes and experiance your pain. WOW your good! never, ever stop writing. you'll break hearts chickey!
Birdy
TokehGecko chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
Whoa... really great, you sure left a big dent in the emotional department. Man, you already swallowed me when I saw the first few lines.
TryingToFly chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
Wow... you expressed your emotions so well in this poem. It was great... it was sad... Keep writing! Oh, and thanx for reviewing one of my poems "Pick Up The Phone"
Love,
Virginia
justaforgottenface37 chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
great poem... i like the way you describe everything, it's like you hit the mark right on target... oh and don't worry.. i've been walking the earth just as long as you and i've still yet to see it all...
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
This is good... I'm sure alot of people can relate, being annoyed by their siblings.. then something bad happens and you realize how much more they really mean to you... My sister fell off a stool last year, when she was 5.. and knocked her head off of the corner of a piano. She was bleeding everywhere and was unconscious, and had to be rushed to the hospital... and I wasn't there for any of it, I was away, but my family called me and told me and then I wasn't able to hear anything about her for the rest of the night and it was a scary thing, not knowing how she was... and my grandpa just recently tried to kill himself, which isn't the same situation as the poem, but this poem made me think of that because I'm not close to my grandpa.. only see him at Christmas every year, but when I heard that he did that I was suddenly very afraid of losing him... mainly for my dad's sake.. anyway... both my sister and my grandpa are fine. my sister's currently crawling all over me, actually. anyway, great poem.. you wrote about something unique but just as real as the rest of the emotions and moments that happen in our life that other people write about. Good job. I like when I read original poems. *smile* And thanks for all of your reviews!
IHJ chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
*shocked speechless*
Oh, God, Mia, this is a GREAT poem! It's full of emotion and it's wonderfully expressed. The fear, the hope, the whole group of feelings we have when something happens to someone we care about in our family... Fantastically written, Mia. And I do hope he'll be alright. *hug*
Izzy J.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
*hugs* i hope everything works out for your little brother, your family, and you. its so sad when something like that happens to someone so young. im sure everything will be fine :)
great poem, it really is wonderful, the emotion, the personal feelings which went into it were heart breakingly real, great work, kudos.
Bleedingtree chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
being dramatic isn't anything bad, well i am glad that you're brother is okay now. It takes a lot of strength to write about situations like this, i know i have done such (Shattered and Shattered no more) and hopefully you find some release in writing, I know I do... enough rambling...
this tis good!
elen sela loomen en omen te elvo!
Kim