Reviews for Sinner
DevilzAdvokit chapter 5 . 7/3/2005
Wow. That's really... creepy.

Good though. In a really eerie way.
Nightwatchman chapter 5 . 2/29/2004
Well done for this fic.
LiteraryNut chapter 5 . 2/26/2004
Wow... I really like the way Emmanuel's character has turned out in these five chapters, and can't wait for more.
Nervous Neuron chapter 4 . 1/24/2004
This is very good. It shows how fantatics can really takke things too seriously. You drag us into the story, and let us feel what Emmanuel is feeling. I am curious to know how the other Christians in the story will react to what he is doing. Please write more .
slowlydyinginside chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
i'm not religious, yet i can relate. it seems as though i can relate to most of your poems, and i cant do that with a lot of other people. thank you for sharing this magnificent masterpiece. (BIG WORDS! jk)
LiteraryNut chapter 4 . 12/30/2003
wow... that is really good! That's the first time I have ever seen someone take that kind of approach on this whole religion thing. Please please please keep it up!
Ciao for now,
Fufu
Tessa chapter 4 . 12/7/2003
Oh, darn. That was painful to read...
An accurate discreption of fanatcism, indeed.
OK, I know that the ending is going to be tragic, but could you make a AU version afterwards in which he's saved by the power of totally non-religious TV-series/Books/Rock bands etc. in the nick-of-time, or something? Please? (Though the proper meds would prob'ly help as well...)
Some people just cannot handle all those religious/quasi-religious memes breeding in their mindspace. And the best way to handle any kind of "memetic overbreeding" is to add totally different kinds of memes to "thin them out", IMO.
Variety is healthy. Many minor obsessions are generally much easier to handle than those big massive thingies that (sometimes quite literally) eat up one's life.
Anyway, good story.
Opus Nite chapter 4 . 12/6/2003
A very good story, and a fantastically accurate look at religious fanaticism. Although, i must say, Emmanuel must be pretty weak-willed to have fallen to that little speach. Then again... a lot of people are. Sigh.
But this is very interesting, and please, do continue.
Oh yeah... he better not "really be able to understand what Jesus sacrificed when He died". Double sigh. Haha..
teacupmouse540 chapter 2 . 12/3/2003
I do NOT like this story at ALL! I am a christian and my reilgion DOES NOT make me go wacko! And the kid thinks he's demon possessed? And then he goes and slices himself?...whats with you? Sick...Sad ppl...
Nervous Neuron chapter 2 . 12/2/2003
More please, me like .
It really seems as if the Marty guy is actually the insane one. I can see him behind the curtains doing the Mr. Burns from the Simpsons 'excelent', and then laughing evilly. "Mwahaha, all the unbelieveers will die, mwahaha!"
Never mind me...
Nervous Neuron chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
Depressing, but intresting.
I will read on...
cassandra26 chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
I really don't get this...Are you purposely saying the wrong things or are you really wrong...? (no offense)
the way I see it, this singer...don't know who he is...had everything (you had that correct) but he couldn't find real peace. ü real joy. that's why he killed himself. And (no offense again) I know that's what really drove him to suicide. ü
So you're a Wiccan...don't know what that really is, actually. ü Is it a witch or...? Really don't know. hehehe
Ever thought of why God created us...? I thought about that for a very long long time. ü And once I even believed He was just toying with us (like you said in your bio) ü I really don't know when it came to me...but now I know the real reason. ü hehehe
You must feel I'm pushing you or something...nothing like that, really. ü anyway, I'm gonna wait for your next update...very interestingÜ
oh, and p.s. your a bisexual, ryt? (read your umm...'Body of woman') hehe just asking.
cassandra26 chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Just asking one question. Will the end turn out to be good or not? will he really be able to understand what Jesus sacrificed when He died? That Jesus WANTED to die for our sins? Hehehe ü
dirgesinthedark chapter 2 . 11/30/2003
A disturbing perspective on how far fanaticism can go...
This reminded me of my endless hours in Catholic theology class- and, of course, the Stigmata.
mizu no kokoro chapter 2 . 11/30/2003
pretty good for short chapters~ update soon!
~Never the same~