Reviews for To Friends
Mime chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
Sorry for the insanely late reivew, I've been busier than you can imagine lately! Anyway, this is such a moving piece! I feel all nice and warm inside now. . *hugs*
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
aww. :)
i love this. it's so lovely, and it flows so well. the first few stanzas kind of remind me of The Mists of Avalon (one of the best books of all time) simply beautiful. goodness, favorite segments . . . where to start? the first stanza was great:
chalice raised in thanks
a toast to you, my dear ones -
wash away our frowns
the 'my dear ones' seemed to fit there really well, it made me smile. :) the last stanza also made me smile . . . twice. :) :) as for favorite lines . . . ah, too many. *sigh* here goes nothing: "a toast to you, my dear ones," "the cornsilk smooth of/creativity - ever/yours replenishing" - gorgeous, "your arms/held while i/sobbed," and "blood ink on vellum" - so original!
truly a very touching and lovely piece of poetry, i absolutely love it. many, many kudos chica! :)
snowtiger13731 chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
Wow that's good. All I can say. So lyrical. You really have a way with words.
¡ìjulia ¡ì
Magpie Poet chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
a lovely cheer and rainbow in black and white.
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
*hugs* This is just wonderful. It was a touching tribute and really moved me. Congradulations on the 100th piece. They are all a joy to read and I hope to see you write many, many more.
Heart of the Sword
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Wow this is a work of art... literally *smiles* I like how you set up the poem and spread the stanzas out everywhere, and the descriptions are so lovely. Such a good read. And it's nice that you've dedicated this to the people that matter to you. Very much.
*Jenna
Lady B.V Rose chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
*hugs* This is - well I was going to say something, but I realised its a lie, all your poetry's pretty..._- - Anyway, did I make any sense there? No? Thought not...I just adore each and every word, chosen so heartfelt-edly (is that actually a word? lol) and carefully. OH lets shove this charade, can I fit this on my favourites?
- BVR xx
teh tarik chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
That was really sweet of you. Really sincere and with a lot of feeling. And I loved the combination of haiku, and cut haiku and tanka!
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Incredible. I'm glad that on your 100th poem posted, you dedicated it to your friends... I actually had that Idea once, and I hope you don't mind that I may use it as well. This was a great write. I love the style you use.
write on.
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
*hugs* This is so beautiful. What a lovely, heartwarming tribute. Makes me glad I found this place. The fifth stanza was the best; so perfect.
This is going on my Favorites List; and congratulations on your 100th post. It'll take me another two years to get there, I fear. You're a wonderful writer.
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
Congradulations! This is truly an amazing and awe-inspiring piece! You are certainly one of the best authors on FP, and may you continue posting your wonderful pieces forever! I know I haven't been entirely faithful in my reviewing (my inbox is FILLED with author alerts - too much school work!), but I put away my science just to review this wonderful, 100th piece! Again, congrats! And thank YOU for providing us with such wonderful works!
CoolBeans18s
JackDavis chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
Excellent topography! This is as nice to look at as it is to read, quite a feat to do on a computer.
I know that fictionpress doesn't allow tables, but that's another way to play with the placing of words. Here's a link to something I did using tables to control the placing of words.
Malorky/Mjournal_
It won't make much sense without back story (it's part of a series) but what I'm trying to highlight is the erratic placement of the words starting about halfway down the webpage. Feel free to use the source code as reference.