Reviews for Snow Illusion
Hopechest chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
When describing the snow as “Endless sheets of ashen beauty” I think of gray snow.
It’s a bit too melodramatic and too wordy for my current state of mind - As an earlier reviewer said, “. be careful though, that sometimes the simple word is better suited to the sophisticated one.” - and I like some of your other works better, but it’s still well written with nice imagery. Just be wary of Thesaurus overuse.
If I interpreted it correctly, the character has given up and given in to the cold, ready for death, but then she regains her strength and will to live again. Yes?
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
I liked this a lot. Your descriptions and metaphors ae stunning, and it left me with a strong aftertaste.
Good work.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Interesting.
I know there's a really profound message in there somewhere, and normally I'd be able to see it straight away.
But right now I'm in a 'stupid braindead muppet' kind of mood, so I don't get it I'm afraid.
I'll re-read when I'm feeling more intelligent and then I'm sure it'll make more sense to me!
Well written as always though!
Spawny
Ephemeral Angel chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
Wow...this is a great story! The expressions are overwhelming, I almost feel like I'm in the story, watching everything as it happened. All in all, its just great.
ReMeMbRaNCe
dave mclean chapter 1 . 12/6/2003
This was very enjoyable to read, and the imagery really came alive. i'm impressed
Celestial Sailor chapter 1 . 12/6/2003
Interesting, you seem to have utilised one or another aspects of my writing style and presented it with the majority of your own, and indeed it comes across well. I notice you are experimenting more with language now, which is good.. be careful though, that sometimes the simple word is better suited to the sophisticated one. Enamored usually applies to love, and could be easily replaced by tantalised, infatuated or titillated. Other than that, I love your imagery and atmosphere with carefully chosen words and how you include yourself in first person so well to entice the reader further into the story.
Thank you very much for your numerous generous reviews, especially to my story A First Flower which to my dismay remained dormant for a few months with no read or review.
-Celestial Sailor
Anthony Draconius chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
This is an interesting side of you Seras Nova. In the time I have known you I honestly cannot think of a time where I could have pictured this from you. Keep this side of you and use it to explore more styles and techniques. You never cease to amaze me with your constant and gradual improvements.
I bow to your talent.
Anthony Draconius
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
Wow...I am speechless but I am trying to describe the effect this poem has on me and how it has made me feel because I think it definitely is worth it. *takes deep breath* lol, the metaphore is very powerful. It is very enchanting...it sort of swallows you with the imagery and the meaning, it's so deep..then I can relate to it..maybe I am not understanding it as well as I should because it's around midnight here but I think I do and it is really fabulous...I'm awed thats all..this is fabulous! Love, Mia
PS: I tried..I really did..but I still can't say anything intelligent..