Reviews for Wild Eyed
glamorous-giggly-guy chapter 2 . 2/21/2006
OMG! Could it be? I recently read a compilation of short stories in which a story so very similar to your own was featured. I wonder...Is this that story? Did you enter an Australian competition a few years ago? If it is you...I am in awe. please reply, I need to know .
Ceneri di una Rosa chapter 9 . 11/22/2005
I've been reading this story since you first wrote it, and after a long absence, I was eager to see what you had written since. But there have not been any new chapters since. Please don't leave this gem unfinished!
autumnsprite chapter 9 . 10/1/2005
Oh this is brillinat! This has to be the first story that had me on the edge of my seat, feeling everything that the character feels. YOur heart churns for Cassandra! Oh and your scene with her and Apollo, that was a masterpiece within itself! I can't wait to read more!
Noir Fleurir chapter 2 . 9/21/2005
this is amazingly well written. EVery since i read Goddess of YEsterday by Caroline B. COoney i've been reading a ton of stuff on the Trojan war. This is really good so far. i like it keep it up. I'll keep reading:)
dominican princess chapter 9 . 8/8/2005
please update
AsTheRainFalls chapter 3 . 7/11/2005
I love your story about Cassandra. I fell in love with Cassandra and her life when I began researching the Trojan war, and I'm glad that someone had written about her. I was so frustrated when the movie Troy was released and they left out her character completely, because she is my favorite, and played a vital role in the story; the person who would have turned the outcome of the war completely if only they had been wise enough to listen. Keep writing and good luck getting your work published. ;')
lil chapter 9 . 7/6/2005
the way that they found Achilles was they gave all the girls a choice in gifts and Achilles chose a sword
lil chapter 7 . 7/6/2005
the way that paris took helen was when Menelaus was called away. that way he did not know that helen was away until he came back home.
talesoftrepidation chapter 4 . 6/28/2005
oh, i bet she has to sleep with a guy - then she would be "not so innocent." that's where this guy comes in...eh? eh?

man, i am so in love with greek/roman mythology. thank you for feeding me with this story.
talesoftrepidation chapter 3 . 6/28/2005
i like the way you described apollo. that's exactly how i've always pictured him - handsome (not like in the disney version of "hercules" where he was fat, blue, and kind of old), but a complete snob. i always thought that brad pitt would do a good job acting the part, but i suppose he did well in "troy" as achilles, who he quite a hell of a lot more snobbish.

ah...i love the way you present things. the way i can feel her sudden fear in prophecy and the way you sink quickly into her snappy thoughts. i love her character.

i'm just a little confused that she so quickly resits a god. if anything, i wish you would expand their meeting...but it makes sense to some extent so i'm not too bothered by it.
talesoftrepidation chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
m, i love recognizing all of their names and the history. i didn't know about her birth though...you're definitely right that not many people know about cassandra.

very twisting. your writing makes me think a little of how orson scott card wrote about the women in the genisis. if you don't like him, i'm sorry, but i think he's genius.
talesoftrepidation chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
ah, even the beginning is gripping. you have a very intriguing way of talking in the first person. very train-of-thought, but very coherent as well. yum.

i also love the story of troy. in every shape and form. i'm glad this one sounds lovely. i've always wanted to write a historical fic, but i've never had the guts in fear i would get everything wrong. kudos to you!
satinsmoke chapter 9 . 6/24/2005
myeh, i had to sign off to review this cuz i had already reviewed it...stupid fictionpress rules...

lol, ANYWAY. hm. i guess you're wondering what i'm doing reviewing AGAIN, no, i'm not going to be annoying and yell at you to update (i've probably done that enough times...), although i'd like to very much :). instead...

i want to write a play on cassandra. it's for school...we do this "StudProd" thing every year, where ppl write plays, and the best 4 are chosen to be acted out. it was actually because of your story i wanted to do this - see? i was serious your story was inspiring :). but yeah...i admit i dont know much about greek myths. and i HAVE been researching on cassandra, but there are so many holes...

what you have so far would make such an *awesome* play. i just skimmed through it again and all of the stuff you added to the myth (extra personalities, settings, etc) just work so nicely. of course, it'd be best if i could come up with my own version of all of that, and i do *plan* to do so...but...the play's due june 30, which is coming up *really* fast. and - more importantly - i doubt i could come up wth something as nice as you did.

SO, i was wondering, if i ran out of ideas for my play, could i use things from wild-eyed? i'd definitely make sure to cite you. i'd also like to use an excerpt from your prologue as an introduction to the play - if that'd be okay.

i realize that wild-eyed is totally your property, and if you don't want me to use anything from it, i completely understand. either way, if my play gets chosen, i'll make sure to make a recommendation at the end for viewers to go read your story :).

so...yeah. could you give me a reply within in the next 2 days? my email is . thanks!

-satinsmoke-
satinsmoke chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
*poke* please update? pretty please. with sugar and a cherry on top. *puppy dog eyes* *attempts to bribe* *threatens with a knife* *tries to guilt you into updating* *wails and demands this is injustice* *asks very nicely* *rants angrily in three different languages*

gah, i cant think of anything else. just UPDATE, okay? thanks :) *innocent smile*
Luthiena o Lorien chapter 8 . 6/8/2005
*poke* Great story! YAY! Please post more! Oh, yeah, by the way, awesmoe Title Chapter, even better song excerpt! EVANESCENCE ROCKS!
154 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »