Reviews for Wild Eyed
Neveah Snow chapter 8 . 7/23/2004
Love it! I love Evanescence... WRITE MORE :)
Cairnsy chapter 3 . 7/21/2004
It's an interesting enough tale and well written in general, but your attempts to modernise it really do detract from the story. A story can be made accessible to an audience without adding slightly modified modern phrases such as: 'What in hades are you talking about?' Phrases such as that would not harm the story in any form if they were removed completely, yet their presense often ruins the mood and setting of the piece.
~
Also, it seems that your women thus far are entirely modern as well. I can understand to an extent taking Cassandra to the level you have, but I think that again, the story would just work better on a whole if it didn't seem as though I could meet each of the women so far in the story in a University lecture )
~
As I said, your writing is tight and the story is generally quite interesting, but I do feel that the characterisation could be tightened to make the story actually *feel* as though it took place during the Trojan War, as opposed to a far more modern setting.
SapphireLover chapter 8 . 7/15/2004
This story is really good!I love how you put the quotes at the top; they fit perfectly for the are a really good author and i hope you update soon!:)
Serpentine Wisdom chapter 8 . 7/6/2004
Good chapter, not your best though (but that's only because Paris and Helen's in it, I can't stand them).
And I've been wondering where one can find stuff written about Cassandra, I mean the Iliad doesn't show the beginning of the Trojan war and Cassandra's reaction to Helen.
If you would enlighten this poor ignorant swedish gal, I would be grateful.
My e-mail:
Cassandra Anthemyst chapter 8 . 7/5/2004
Again, I love this story. Your characterization of Cassandra is perfect-you make the myth REAL. I'm interested in seing what you do with Helen. One question about a part in chapter 7, when you said:
“King Menelaus and… oh, who is that girl he married?” Hecube worried her lower lip for a moment. “And I know I sent him a congratulatory gift, but what was her name… oh, yes! One of Leda’s daughters. Queen Helen.”
It seemed unlikely to me that Hecube would remember Menelaus better than Helen-I'd gathered that she was something of a legend, and much more well known than Menelaus was. *Shrug* It just seemed odd to me. Other than that, perfect!
Beth Tsany chapter 8 . 7/5/2004
Ack! The ANGST! THE ANGST! You've made Cassandra such a believable character! And in this chapter more than ever it takes no stretch of the imagination to feel her anguish thanks to your superb writing. Keep up the good work.
shi-sha chapter 8 . 7/4/2004
u captured cassandra's wild frustration perfectly! good job..
KalliopesMuse chapter 8 . 6/29/2004
Hey, it's me again.
Out of the various Troy stories on FP, yours has to be one of the most interesting. I have the mind to read it all so I will when I have time. I love the way you add quotes to the chapters and how they fit well with them.
I know I've already said this (maybe), but 'The Firebrand' is my favorite book. I odn't know if you've read it but this story could have turned out similar to that book but it's original. I hope you add more chapters soon.
- Sarika
Beth chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
I love the way you write. I beleive in this Cassandra, she is is not just some wailing mad woman that screams all day, but a woman with a purpose.
Anissa chapter 8 . 6/29/2004
I do like the description in this chapter. I already hate Helen. The way Cassandra's emotion and power behind her outburst at Helen was described is particularly good :)
I can't wait for more.
~Swinging from the chandeliers~
R is for Rebel chapter 8 . 6/29/2004
This whole story is a bit...eerie in some parts. But that is truly only my point of view. I do think it is very well written and that you should continue to write.
Sounds like Cassandra is hated pretty much. O_o Scary.
Diamond Shieldmaiden chapter 8 . 6/29/2004
::joins Cassandra in ripping Helen apart::
Filthy little strumpet. Gods, I do not like that woman.
Poor Cass. Damn it, Apollo, go back to whatever hellhole spawned you. Hmph.
At least Paris gets his comeuppance in the end...and hopefully Helen does too, in some life or other. (WOOT KARMA.)
Merit Somnia chapter 8 . 6/28/2004
Wonderful chapter as usual.
kalariah chapter 8 . 6/27/2004
Slap her again! Ooh! I loved that part! Poor Cassandra; that must be torture for her, trying to save her city, only to see it fall through the stupid antics of her ghastly brother.
I didn't watch Troy because I heard it was changed from the way the legend actually runs. Your story is much preferred.
Sarah chapter 8 . 6/27/2004
Again, a wonderful chapter!
154 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »