Reviews for Shared Beliefs
bigfoot chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
consumerism is for the greedy, spirituality is for those who commit the other sins. lol. great poem dude, totally rockin, and christmas is about the birth of the christian lord and savior, not getting a new bike man, that was directed towards the one who said otherwise. anyway, great poem
karmakaze chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
Yay! I always feel so happy when people write pieces that compare Christainity to Wicca rather than contrast them. Great work!
Blessed be!
Alyx Bradford chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
Ah! That's lovely! It's amazing, really, how many Christians condemn pagans, all the while using traditions borrowed from them. My college has a Yule Log ceremony, where each student throws a sprig of holly into the fire to symbolize hope and wishes for the new year. I cracked up when I found out about it, because it's so blatantly pagan and yet no one seems to realize that!
Lovely poem, with such a good message. Well-crafted.
And, Lady Funk, that's an awfully cynical viewpoint. Some of us actually do look at the *spiritual* meaning of the season, regardless of what modern society has overlaid onto it.
Lady Funk chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
Well... Christmas is more about consumerism and capitalist marketing... But if you say so...
Cloud Of Blood chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
Oh wow. Cliche comment i know but it's instantky what came to poem itself is written with a lovely flow and rythmn and it's subject something i've often pondered myself.