Reviews for Angst Feast
ladymaverick chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
Stunning! Well, I'm not much of a reader of poetry...but God, this one's a beauty. You're writing passionately, and uniquely, abotu a subject that can often turn out SO cliche eg. "Oh woe is me. I must cut my wrist. Because you don't love me. Oh why can't you see..." and so on and so forth.
I like the first two lines the most...but I find these lines most powerful:
"I am a total infidel
Unfaithful even to the life I was given for free."
Good job...adding you to my fave authors )
Grendel chapter 3 . 2/20/2004
This triology is great! I loved it, the construction, the meaning, great work!
Love and Destroy chapter 3 . 2/14/2004
It's very good! I like it! There's so much emotion and poetry in these "courses"! I like the idea of an Angst Feast! Sunrise
Amethyst Blood chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Nice. "hex me" Heh. I understand what you are saying, which soemtimes poems don't really do.
the cereal killer chapter 3 . 12/31/2003
I liked the first one..
"My heart would bleed for you/But it is much too busy pumping blood for me."
"For when I'm bleeding I'm bleeding for me."
I like the concept, sounds selfish, self-centred, but also shows a sense of control.
I think it was good you tried rhyme, something I could never find myself doing, however hard I try. (Unless I'm composing mindless limerick-like songs about people I don't like.)
Keep writing! (:
Razor Sharp Kisses chapter 3 . 12/20/2003
A great ending to this piece as a whole. I think this is the most angst-ridden of the three. Great nonetheless.
Razor Sharp Kisses chapter 2 . 12/20/2003
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. I like the rhyme scheme. I can relate to this a lot...it's actually kind of creepy how I felt while reading this. I like this more than the first one, even though the first was great, too.
Hey, it was written at the beginning of the year. If you don't think it's that good personally, then think of how you can grow to be better...(but I think everything by you is great anyhow and if you get better, my head will spin right off my shoulders!)
Razor Sharp Kisses chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
I love the first four lines of this. You're a great writer.
Hypersensitive chapter 3 . 12/19/2003
This is even better. Somehow the uneven rhyming set this odd tempo, with a really catchy feel to it. Yeap, it is a little like a song. So mmhmm, I loved it. Just like all your other stuff. Well done I must say it is decent, no matter what you say..
Hypersensitive chapter 2 . 12/19/2003
YEAH, its good, its good, its good. I mean, I can relate to it SO much. Awesome. Ok, I can't critcize it, really. I mean, hell yeah, its good. Seen better stuff but I have a soft spot for rhyming poetry so there. I liked it.
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 12/16/2003
i cant really criticize it it is awesome... im sorry
simpleplan13 chapter 3 . 12/15/2003
me likes... it sounds songy... i like hte format... its an interesting thought too... yea he does his pen name is WHo da ya think
killthisaccountitsdead chapter 2 . 12/14/2003
hi again. : )
well well, never thought you'd actually post rhyming poetry, but i guess we've all got our dark times.
I don't like this much because it shows that you really laboured for these to rhyme, some rhymes are quite banal, and you often repeat the same word, so it sounds very rushed and sort of childish (you know how when children sing they take breaths in the middle of a phrase? that's how the poem sounds).
damn it, i sound like i'm flaming. you know i wouldn't. i think if you want to improve this poem you just have to write it anew, though i wouldn't have bothered to do that other than as a writing exercise. (the kind i enjoy. sometimes i just translate my poems into all the languages i know. you can get really interesting pieces that way).
Krikoris chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
I like the movement of it, and you know that I am a sucker for. . . .rhyming or however you spell it. I do it all the time, but the words you used werent the typical words and thats why I loved it. True, there was no cutting mentioned, but there was blood involved. Not like I mind.
I want to thank you for reviewing my work once more, I dont deserve it in the least. Also, I want to apologize for taking down CA, but, if you wish, I'll send you the latest version. You know where to contact me -wink-
Krikoris
LegendaryPunk29 chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
I dunno, I just dunt like da rhymin poems. It sounds too cocky, ya kno wat I mean? It really doesnt sound right to me..(sry, that just for me...) But nice poem tho. I liked it, I liked it. Nice job here, keep writing!
If u can, plz r and r some of my work too, it will mean a lot to me.
Thanks!