Reviews for forest walk
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Nicely done. Paints a clear picture. Don't feel the horror—woods don't do that to me. Interesting your ending in flight or fight—that's adrelanine response. Would have loved "follow the light, not fight." m
Melancholy Butterfly chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
After first reading your other spliced haiku, "fae", I went in search of another and was delighted to find this one :) Once again your word choice is marverllous, eg. enshrouded, mist, ghostly, bones, clutch, all building up to create a most certain chilling atmosphere. It also added splendidly to the imagery, and I must say the most striking line to me was, "entangling, won't you join them?" That line really stun me for a second or so. Well done!
Mime chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Beautiful, in a spooky way. Wonderful job!
Escapist chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Yes, very chilling.
Kellza chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
god, I miss the woods behind my old house. There's something about being hidden by the trees that makes me feel at home. This poem, too, recaptures the feeling of being one's true self.
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
!
oh my gosh, i LOVE the way you formatted this with the two haikus meshed together, and the italics for one of them. i absolutely adore it, i might even have to steal it from you sometime. :P the actual poem is stunning, too, i really like the line "ghostly bones of trees reach out" definitely haunting, haven't heard them described like that before. brilliance, i tell ya, brilliance. ;)
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Aesthetically pleasing (as most of your works are _). The imagery was so captivating.
Heart of the Sword
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
...
Mesmerizing in its beautiful entropy of darkness-poisoning vines. Lovely job.
frugale chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Visually enchanting and mentally challenging, those dreamy images truely are beautiful. Please offer us some more haiku presented in that way (graphically).
magpie poet chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
too lazy to sign in.
sliced and diced doesn't do this justice. how 'bout spliced? ;)
ignoring descriptions, the idea works well. i've never seen that done with haikus before, and it give the poem(s) a nice shape.
daydreamy and a little dark. hmm. elvish! uh... don't mind me.
ShadowGal chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Very aesthetically pleasing, as well as a nice read. Good job!
Children of the Root chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
good work! I like how you intermixed the two haikus. Awesome.
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Oh! That was really awesome there. It took me a minute to catch the second haiku in it, but that was really awesome. I like these cool new formats you keep busting out! Very creative, and the poetry is still as good as yours always is! Great job.
keep writing on! _
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Fascinating and genuinely beautiful. I loved it.
teh tarik chapter 1 . 12/10/2003