Reviews for My Mother's Room
Celestial Sailor chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
As you mentioned already, it seems more subjective than objective and relates very much to your feeling of detachment to your mother. In one way, you see a side of her you thought never existed - the room. In another way, you see her as the authoritarian embodiment that towers over you like a hawk. This is true adept of a twofaced Gemini, but also a another facet of her personality which she has buried within her unconscious closet. She feels now, that the world is a mean monster of rebellion, and she has no mediocre ground to stand upon. You feel you can no longer relate to her and believe very strongly that she is not related to you despite DNA - but maybe the answer here is to discover those facets of her that she has hidden .. encourage her slowly to release them from the chained wardrobe in the unconscious, so she may better deal with the petty details of existence and not release it on the people around her. You, however, should learn as well, not to be affected by her influence as much. In life, you may find a "feast or famine". Either you have too much too handle, or too little to continue. The greatest challenge is to work with this polarisation - when she takes something away from you in anger, stand your ground. When you have nothing to use - built something from the dust; develop your intuition in quiet meditation. Either way, despite what life throws at you, there is always a silver lining. Just look for it.
After all, I'm a Celestial Sailor, I look at silver linings all the time )
-Celestial Sailor
moment2moment chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
I love this. I hope I read the right one, but I really like this one sweetie. I hope that you know that I'm always here for you. Love ya!
JoEllyn
Hopechest chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
You paint an image of the room so beautifully with words, and you convey the narrator’s emotions just as well. It’s both sadness and a sweet nostalgia you weave. Regret, acceptance, and bitterness mingle together, and that’s a lot how real life is.
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Hiya! This is very good! I like it a lot and I can relate to it. You describe everything so well, and you use the perfect words to portray your emotions, your doubts...it's very very good. Like Snow Illusion it simply swallows the reader into the...story...it makes us feel what you do at the moment. Brilliant! Love, Mia