Reviews for Unreasonable Progress
Guest chapter 4 . 4/28/2013
I love the plot and characters. It truly is a great story.
Lavender Knight chapter 4 . 11/17/2006
When I saw that this was the lost chapter, I made something of the same exclamation J.T made in the last chapter. Not as expressive, mind you, but somewhat alike.

I like wise-asses myself. I'm not personally a very good one because I don't have enough conviction. Im more prone to the more special random comments here and there.

The waffle scene seems to give off symbolism. I once read an essay by Stephen Jay Gould where he writes about how Columbus, in an effort to make a point, cracks the bottom of a boiled egg (the voyager was asking his comrades to balance an egg on a table and when they all failed to do so, he cracked the bottom of his and balanced it.) he points out that people of today's generation and thereafter have been having issues with adapting with systems and cultures and therefore finding themself breaking something or taking the easiest way out to come across.

Incidentally, I wonder if you intend to incorporate a moral into this for the plain fact that J.T's issue is that he cannot and will not make the best of his situation. (Though I wonder how that would be) His waffle breaking persona either implicates him for revolution or a lesson soon to be learnt...or perhaps both.

Please continue, this is so full of potential and wonderful prose, by the way.

Hope to hear from you soon and cheers!
Lavender Knight chapter 3 . 11/17/2006
That glop really does sound gross. And mashed bananas? What, are they feeding babies.

*shudders* Anyway, Fallows reminds me roughly of a lot of different teachers I've come across. Incidentally, one who was especially like him was both a racist and a sexist all at once, so that was a double minor for me in class.

I love how you convey an obvious indifference by J.T. Almost an obliviousness to how much she's completely gone about him. Most people would have J.T thinking about her immediately and asking himself questions about her, but no, you let it take its sweet time like in real life.

I just remembered something that made me laugh a while back having to do with somehting J.T said. He was talking to one of the teachers and at the end of his tirade he says, "Dig?" I thought that was hilarious seeing as how I hardly know anyone who says that anymore, but it gave off this completely bad boy doesn't-give-a-sh-t persona. Congrats!

and of course..

Lavender Knight chapter 2 . 11/17/2006
Madeline is of course a very typical girl. Her immediate liking for J.T just goes to prove how the whole bad boy thing can get appealing especially in high school.

I just have to compliment you on how realistic you write this. There is no awkward dialogue which can be a plague on most writers on this site.

I'm a bit disappointed that he's a blonde with blue eyes. Its soo...I dunno how to put it, but at best I usually try to avoid that in my protagonists until at least, some people clear the way to do this.

Oh well, who's to complain about a good looking guy? I like him, anyway.

Lavender Knight chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
So far the way you begin is brilliant. I love how we get an immediate taste for J.T's character.

It actually reminds me of a more refined and modern version of the great gilly hopkins, which rocks consistently...

because, as a conventionalist myself, I have to struggle between falling in love with J.T. and gritting my teeth at his unbelievable inability to adapt, even a little.

jesterf chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
heyz update boy.. hahaz. ur fans are kinda waiting for you.. cant wait to read on. )
Casey C chapter 5 . 10/16/2004
This is great, I'm really enjoying it. Jordan's great despite his purposeful bad boy attitude. He's a ton of fun, Madeline's rather fun as well. I can't wait to see more interaction between the two of them. Great work!
jeie chapter 3 . 10/9/2004
I like your story but can I ask do you go to a catholic school? Because i do and trust me they aint like that no more but i still liked it heaps and am looking forward to reading further publications.
ParmaseanCheese chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
OMG! After you sent me a Review i had to read your Stories! Wow your writing is so good it blew me totally off guard. I am so impressed and your only 16! If you continue writing you will be a famous writer in a couple of years!
sevendeadlypings chapter 16 . 5/26/2004
This is pretty good. Are you published, coz you seem pretty professional in your style. This is a very interesting story, and you seem to be wiser beyond your years. Let me know if you're published, coz I would definately buy your books.
Anon chapter 25 . 5/20/2004
Wow, this is really good. The writing style reminds me slightly of 'The Catcher In The Rye' and I loved that book. The style you use is just really enjoyable to read, I guess coz it's different. Keep going ... this is gonna be great when it's done! Hell, it's great already!
getlucky chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
I loved it! It was extremely well-written, and I love JT's attitude. He seems like my kind of person.
echoes of chaos chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
Hey, I really like the way your story sounds. I'll definitely knock out the rest of ol' JT's tale later on. :o)
JDO chapter 28 . 1/4/2004
When I started to read your story I didn't really 'want' to read it, but there was something that just kept me going and made me read on and on. I love the story, its such a different techinque that I haven't really read before. I have really enjoyed just sitting back and reading what you have written.
*cheers* A brilliant read! I will return...
Jagged Rock chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Your writing style is really good. Keep writing! :)