Reviews for Age
Alley chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
this is wonderful julie you should enter it in a poetry contest!
Evil Scientist chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
Thats a really awsome poem but it gave me know idea how old you are! Gr...
Fred is not happy! (this will not make sense if you have not already read my e-mail)
Mirutsev chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
I'm not sure if I really get what the poem means but I think it's about how people equate age with wisdom and experience. You can't really determine how mature a person is by his age, it's just the physical body that is measured and not the way the person thinks.
ZealWarrior chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
-As usual, you're absolutely correct-age means nothing. I don't agree with you because I'm trying to be nice, I agree because you just aptly described who I am. Now, if you've read my bio you'd see that under the section "Personality" I say that I like to joke WAY too much. Very true, I'm like a child at heart. Umm, scratch that, I'm only 20 so that really isn't stretching it. But I still watch cartoons like crazy, I act like a kid, I look like a kid-darn it, I am a kid!
-No joke, I may be 20, love classical music, be in university majoring in English Lit., but personality-wise, I'm like 10 years old.
-So anyways, time for the ACTUAL review. Let's see, nice simple structure, original topic, great rhyme and flawless choice of words. There are some very brilliant lines in there. Now, like I said last time in your other poem, I would post all the lines I liked but I'd have to post the whole thing, so in this case, I'll choose my very favorite lines:
-The eternal slumber
-It shows nothing of our spark
-It grows by measure of strife
-You could be young and your mind at prime
-Or be stupid from birth (Hehe)
-A crimp in the path we walk
-Yeah I know, that's a lot of lines...But as I was saying, this is a fantastic poem, you've done it again Julie. Write more, don't ever stop...now if you'll excuse me, "I have to go now, my planet needs me." (I'm sure you know where that's from. Hint: The greatest cartoon of all time)