Reviews for Two Perspectives
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
We step outside ourselves to discover,

The true essence of who we really are,—

Compare and contrast to other humans,

To see if felicity we can find;

We learn about the cards that life can deal,

And how each player steps up to the game,

Some with bravado, others with a smile,

Accept their luck or rail against their fate;

We watch with care and learn with some surprise,

That often it's not the cards that are dealt,

But the diligence with how they are played,

Determines who will walk out with the pot;

So while most will complain about dice rolls,

There are those few that walk away ahead,

Without intoxicated hearts,—mind clear,

They calculated all their odds and left;

For they looked not for omens or strange signs,

Or had a palm reader tell them their fate,

No,—they had an inner measure ruling,

That told them when their happiness was met.
Daisy Decamps chapter 5 . 1/28/2004
I love all those poems. Especially #4.
Obsessed Dreamer chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
THAT is SOO cool! i like the 2 point of views... it soo well done... its just a beautiful poem
William Ironclad chapter 4 . 1/7/2004
Very interesting. Very clever. I like it a lot.
W,
The Great, the Mighty, the Orc King
Unchained Soul chapter 5 . 1/7/2004
delight, pleasure, enjoyment, happiness, elation... that's all I can think of for now (to replace joy. Really great poems, all of them!
Unchained Soul chapter 4 . 1/4/2004
This is so good! Keep these up, they're really interesting
IcyDevil27 chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Wow, I never thought of it that way! That's a really awesome idea for a poem! _
Mime chapter 2 . 1/3/2004
Interesting.
Punky Monkey chapter 2 . 12/29/2003
Okay i wont go on as much in this review i promise :D
All i will say is these two paragraphs really make you think alot and i like the way that you've used the same line to end them both to give the effect that they're just the same really they're both just people.
You have to ask yourself though, which would you rather be?
Punky Monkey chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Okay this is not a dig, at all dont hate me i'm just going to say this though. I love this poem and i think it represents so much.
If only people that thought this about these people took five minutes out of their oh so busy lives to talk to them they would realise that these people arent like that at all.
I have a very close friend that i used to see as the girl you're describing, very, very clever shes got great hair and a great figure and you would think 'a dream life' But i got to know this girl, before i hated her, she was so stream line, so unoriginal.
But i spoke to her and she has much the same insecruities as me, she worries about how she looks, shes had alot happen to her and the way she copes with it is achieving something, in her that happens to be in school. She still gets a high from doing well in tests even though she does every time.
She does well because she she studies, i'll listen to music and enjoy it or whatever, she'll work and enjoy the feeling of doing well. I just wish that people would take a little time out of their little 'judge everyone at face value' world and talk to someone they think they hate.
You never know, you might make a new friend.
Okay i admit i've gone a little off course of your poem. Because you've said you want to be that girl but i think everyone will understand my point.
yellow sparks chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
I really like this one...Please don't take this the wrong way, but just by reading your poetry it really seems that we have alot of similarities..Maybe that's why I like your poetry so much..You really let out alot of your emotions that are hard to express...Good job. I'd love to see another couple of poems...Maybe something about their lifestyle? Where they live? Just suggestions..And then maybe at the end they could meet or come to a realization that each one had problems..Like the straight A's girl really has insecurities...Wow, I didn't mean to write that much...Well it's really good...Continue!
pippin tomson chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
you capture a split personality very well, and, once again, you have delighted people woth your curious layout.
SweetGrape chapter 2 . 12/24/2003
And again; these 2 people scorning each other, but neither can see the negatives in their own sitaution. Comparitively though, this piece makes the brain/goth seem like a much better choice than the popular kid.
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
Ah- the old trick of envying someone else's life as they envy yours.
Old hat topic, but well written. 'so secure' is a nice touch because we know taht she's not and it jsut shows how little you can tell about a person.
Jade Crescent chapter 2 . 12/23/2003
O! True true girl. LoL, course I fit more into what he is. Proud of it too!