Reviews for Pride
effortless-inelegance chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This was really good! There were a couple typos, but nothing major and it didn't detract from the piece as a whole. I did some acting in high school to compete in competitions for our state, so I can relate to the experience; the heart-pounding anticipation before, the adrenaline that just gets you through, and the euphoria when it's done and over with. Lines forgotten, cues missed, props in the wrong place at the wrong time? Merely stepping stones toward a better performance. And, like you addressed in the poem, it's not the mistakes that matter necessarily, but your recovery from the mistakes. Honestly, I also like this because it doesn't just apply to acting; it could speak for any type of performance or accomplishment. (I'm a pianist as well and can still see it from this viewpoint). Anyway, I'll shut up and stop rambling now.

-Grammar
MarthMarie chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Great poem. I'm a bit of an amateur actor, so this did strike a bit of a chord for me. Great job!
KuroKage1717 chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
very nice poem! you write beautifully. i'm not normally into reading poems, but once in a while, i like to read something inspiring. this flows very well - you have a talent with words. i agree with you that not all pride is bad - there's two kinds of pride, and i believe that you are thinking about the kind of pride that you take in doing good work, right?
PhantomBialystock chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
This is wonderful, besides a couple of small spelling errors. I'm not an actor, but I'm a musician, and I feel the same way after a performance. You're right, there's not always bad pride. There's good pride too, and it makes you feel good!
dracon chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Perfectly put.
legally-blonde27 chapter 1 . 12/16/2003
hi, ur poem rocks, i wanna be an actress so yeah! keep writing u got my vote :p