Reviews for The Sandman's Kiss
Rinna chapter 13 . 1/11/2007
I LOVE YOU. Like, seriously. (In a strictly platonic, author/story/and as-I-still-am-amazed-and-surprised-to-now-be-able-to-add friendship adoration sort of way) You're lucky we're not at school right now, or I'd SO hunt you down and glomp you. Not that I might not do so anyway, but at least I'll be more rational by than. -

(I'll get to the epilogue soon, just want to review this first. ) so, you probably notice that I put off reading this chapter, I must confess, I was afraid of what you might have done with the ending, since you were very mysterious about it. But... yeah. I absolutely ADORE what you've done with the story, and sorry for the capitals, but I'm resisting an urge to jump about squealing and need to express that somehow. And not even just that you gave renewed hope in this chapter, it made me cry again, twice; first when Caspar was depressed, then when he was talking to Melchior/Alek AND I REALIZED WHAT ALL YOUR FORESHADOWING ITALICS WERE MEANT TO BE. I'm sorry for my over-exuberance, here, but that was BRILLIANT. And a big part of why I want to jump around squealing or something of the like, because that was SO cool.

and by the way, I like Lorne, he is highly amusing. And you're right; I do forgive Valerian now.

But-but- oh dear, I think I'm out of intelligent and/or comprehensive commentary on the chapter, but this story is so AMAZING. Like, seriously, yay!

I must say, I never dreamed when I first started reading this story that I would wind up finishing it knowing and having befriended the author in person, much less be going to the same college, etc, (and having the capacity to glomp you if I so chose). I have to say, I still don't think I'm quite over how unbelievable awesome (and insanely unlikely) that is. I love looking at random events in my life, and realizing that if someone told me a year ago that it would happen, I probably wouldn't have believed them. In any case, I never would have imagined it on my own, you know?

So. My opinion of this story, really, has remained the same throughout; that it is utterly amazing, and one of the better stories (by one of the better authors) I have ever had the pleasure of reading on this humble little fiction site.

And now, perhaps I'll go read the epilogue. (we very much should get together sometime once we're back at school)
Lemon Delight chapter 14 . 1/11/2007
Ha, I should've noticed there was another chapter before my last review.

Ah well, I still liked this chapter. Very glad to see that Alek and Casper are tentatively together. I so love Lorne and wouldn't be averse to knowing more about him (*hintstoryhint*)

yup, that's all _
Lemon Delight chapter 13 . 1/10/2007
Oh wow, what a powerful story. I started reading this the other day for no apparant reason. I'd tried reading it before but stopped for some reason and I just finished it now.

I'm really pretty speechless, I mean just wow. You made me cry, literally. Chapter 12 had me in tears and when I finally got over it enough to continue reading chapter 13, I read it alternating between wanting to cry again and somewhat happiness that Alek was, in a way, back.

My throat is still all tight like I want to cry again even as I write this xD I don't cry for a lot of things but damn, I really felt Alek's sacrifice and love and death.

And Caspar's pain afterwards...wow that was heartbreaking.

I did smile though on Lorne's last comment. A nice way to lighten the mood. Interesting, though, about Valerian loving Caspar. I kind of suspected though, once Lorne was first introduced.

Anyway, excellent(above and beyond really)work! I look forward to the epilogue
FireDreamer chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
- Nice Story! Uhm..I have nothing intelligent to say since I should have been asleep hours ago, but I really enjoyed reading the story and thought I should say something before sleeping, else I would never say anything. This is better than nothing...I hope.
DH L'Orange chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
thanks for finishing this! i really enjoyed reading it. i still wish that Alek hadn't died and forgotten everything with Caspar, but I guess things might be better this way (now that all that crummy stuff between Alek and his father isn't crowding it's way into Alek's emotions/relationship with Caspar).

anywho... thanks again for such a cool read!

: )

DH
KaleLongsworth chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
It's over already? Aww man. This is definatly one of my all-time favorite stories. I will never be able to forget this one. It's so wonderful, it's got just the right amount of everything. Great job! Is there any possibility of a sequal?
mechante fille chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
Yay! *throws confetti* Congrats on finishing, sweets! I really liked it. I kind of like having the epilogue as an almost start of the next chapter of their lives. Death is only the beginning and whatnot.

I was a little nervous, actually, from a comment on lj, and had to wait to read while I was home in case of more crying. I think this was maybe the only chapter of this whole story that I did not sob through. Nope, only dry eyes, here! So, yes, very pleased.

And, omgyay, time for LfR now! I love that story. I'd gush, but not the place, yeah. Anyhow, congrats again!
ddz008 chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
Amazing story! I love it, it's one of my favorites. It was like you said an imperfect happy ending, but I think it was one of the happiest things that could have happened, now but of them are immortal and can be together. We all know that Melchior likes Caspar, now we are left to wonder what will happen to them... I hope they are happy. The Boogieman and Val are really interesting characters. You know? I was trying to read the story again but read until chapter 11... it was too much for me, reading all that drama that broke my heart, but I read chapter 13 again. I'm so glad that you updated 14 before I entered school again. Thanks for sharing this story with us, it was beautiful and dramatic. It had wondeful characters and it was great to know about the Other World. It had a perfect ending. :)
Vain Villain chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
You actually finished a story. You're my hero! I'll try extra hard to finish mine now.

This was a really good story, and leaving it open-ended can sometimes be a good thing; it worked well in this case, i liked it. Some people knit their stories too tightly closed at the very end, leaving no room for the imagination and turning "closure" into a sharp, bitter and abrupt "END!" no questions asked.

I really enjoyed reading this work over the years and your writing style and plot ideas inspired me to do better with my own stories as time went on. So thank you for sharing this and congrats for completing it. I look forward to any new stories you may write and post here in the future.
Green Eyed Pixie chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
Crap i can't believe it's over -cries- this is seriously one of the better stories that i have read. I remember reading it over a year ago and hoping beyond hope that you would find time to finish it, and you have! It was a fantastic ending, it still fitted in with the themes and style of writing, as well as being much more happy _. I'm so happy that it all worked out for Alek and Caspar, and i'm going to miss them a lot.

It was such a great/awesome/fantastic/beautiful story. Hope you write more like it ]
sporkess chapter 14 . 1/10/2007
It seems kind of sad that this really is the end to a beautiful story that I'll no longer reciever updates for. Still, it's nice that they've got an ending, loose threads and all, and I think how you ended it does work delightfully.

My one critique of this chapter is the pace: the rest of the story seemed (in my memory at least) to be written almost... dreamily, but because you're trying to summarise several weeks or months in one go, this chapter doesn't give the chance to drift along with the narrative. Still, after the scene where you described the kiss, I was smiling so dopily that I didn't have a chance to feel cheated, especially since you slowed down after that. (I assume that the '...dreams' was Alek was whispering 'You taste like dreams' again? I love little narrative plays like that, and it made me happy.

All in all, a splendid end to a splendid story, and I'm especially delighted to discover who Lorne is (if I ever knew, I'd forgotten). I'll be waiting with absolutely bated breath for any updates of your other stories.
zoule chapter 14 . 1/9/2007
This was a beautiful, original, incredible story. Although the ending wasn't what I expected, it was still amazing!
usonaki chapter 14 . 1/9/2007
First of all: Congradulations on completing and amazing story.

I loved every part of this story. It was heartwrenching and serious and absolutely beautiful. I loved the ending because it left a few things up to the imagination of the reader but sitll felt like a proper closure. Great job.

I can't wait to see what else you write!
rose.tinted.lies chapter 14 . 1/9/2007
I loved this story so much!

Your writing is fabulous and I couldn't find any grammatical errors or anything(I LOVE that).

You made the charactors so real, I could just imagine everything they were doing.

I felt so sorry for Alek (with his father and everything) and I kept laughing when Casper did things that were so ... Casper. lol.

You have a lot of talent, and I thought the ending was great! I liked that you found a way for Alek to come back. Even if he was a bit different. When he died I felt so sad for Casper.

This was a FANTASTIC story! I loved pretty much everything about it!

~ smudgeworthy~
DH L'Orange chapter 13 . 1/8/2007
ok, so now i understand why Valerian was so worried about Caspar's wellbeing... poor guy.

i don't what to think about the new Alek. In some ways i feel better for Caspar, but in some ways even worse.

Epilogue please!