Reviews for The Sandman's Kiss
ForgetMeBlue chapter 14 . 5/16/2010
I know it's been years since this story was completed, and I originally wasn't going to leave a comment at all, but your author's commentary at the end changed my mind. I just wanted to say that, as I was reading, I caught some of the symbolism (at least, I like to think I did) but dismissed it, thinking that no-one publishing to an online site could be skilled enough to consciously employ that kind of thing.

Clearly, I was wrong. And I would like to heartily commend you for this amazing story and your general skill in crafting it. I hadn't looked at the dates when I started reading, but I could tell that it had been written over some time, because the writing went from really good to just fantastic, before I even read your commentary at the end.

This is one of the stories I'm pretty sure I will never forget the details of. Thank you for writing it.
LavenderWolf chapter 4 . 4/21/2010
Your story is so good and I want to keep reading, but I just have this feeling that it's going to end sadly. So I'm going to revisit this on a sad day!

~LavW
Sure Things Falling chapter 14 . 2/21/2010
Hey. I just finished reading this whole thing, and I have to say it is definitely amongst the best stories I have ever read - published or unpublished. Thankyou so much for sharing this with us.

PS: I Love Alec, he is adorable.
ayune01 chapter 7 . 2/9/2010
such insecurity in alek's mind.

*sobs*
ayune01 chapter 6 . 2/9/2010
lol.

caspar really makes alek embarassed.*_*
ayune01 chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
her?.

Alek's mother?
ayune01 chapter 4 . 2/7/2010
Caspar is so happy. but i think there must be a reason why he is visible if not because of the vial.

something good?. Bad?
Rae chapter 14 . 2/7/2010
Great story!

I read the whole thing a while ago and it was awesome, I just forgot to review. I just went back and reread it and totally fell in love with the characters all over again. I love how you took some concepts that nobody really uses and made this (amazing) story out of it. I admit the first time I read the last chapter I was a bit saddened by the way it ended, but then when I re-read it I thought it over and decided I actually liked it better than if there was a happy ending where Alek regained his memories. There are so many cliche happy endings, it's nice to have a change. Once again, great story and keep writing!
ayune01 chapter 3 . 1/20/2010
there there Alek.

u will be ok soon.
Julzz chapter 14 . 1/20/2010
Hi! I saw your story many times on some of the other fictionpress author's favourites, but I never felt the urge to read it because of the title ..

I know, sorry, but the Sandman? Weird name :)

One day, [i.e. today] I decided to read it because you know, I was bored (sorry again), and I found out that your story is super good! It was so .. more emotional and yet slightly humorous and just better than many of the other stories I've read on fictionpress. And trust me, I've read a lot of stories.

Also yes, the ending is a little vague I'm going to have to analyse you story or something ...

It was a very good read ~

Great job!
ayune01 chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
finally caspar can be seen.*_*
ayune01 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
what is a sandman?.
Your Execution chapter 14 . 12/14/2009
This story is amazing. It's confusing at parts but I still love it. I just...Well I cant really explain how i feel about everything in the story...But it just so good and the emotions and...AHH Its awesome okay? haha Ill just leave it at that, forgive my shitty attempt at explaining how I love it so.
FallenWindRider chapter 14 . 11/21/2009
I greatly enjoyed this story.

You mad me fall in love with Caspar and Alek. You also made me almost cry (a difficult feat) for Alek's death.

Throughout the entire story you had my mind captivated. By the third chapter I knew Alek was going to die, I felt it, perhaps even sooner. In my head I could see Caspar talking to Alek's grave, just talking. As the story progressed he started crying, then when they were in the other world the little clock appeared in Caspar's hand. Lo and behold you wrote the image in my head and that's when I almost burst into tears.

The hopelessness of the whole story was so captivating and so startlingly realistic.

I gained a great deal of respect for Lorne at the end, if he had been more involved (knowingly) in the story I'm sure I would have claimed him as a favourite.

Intersting side note I was listening to Carol of the Bells on youtube (it was Celtic Woman or at least that's what the title said) when I started reading the story. It was what made me think the story was going to end in a sad way.

I love how it was set in winter, that itself made it all more real. Time, winter, sleep, dreaming, all of it was such an amazing combination.

Thank you for writing this!
gallowsCalibrator chapter 14 . 11/6/2009
I really really love this story! It will be one of my ultimate favorites on here for a very long time.

I cried on the last three chapters it was so sad, but it ended somewhat happy which is good.

Sorry if this doesn't make much since I'm kinda tired.

Awesoome story!