Reviews for The Sandman's Kiss
Seemingly Pointless chapter 5 . 9/19/2008
:) when alek was almost-laughing, i felt all happy and warm...:)
Seemingly Pointless chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
aww...this made me feel bad for the poor child...:(
Jusmine chapter 14 . 9/19/2008
You'll be happy to know that I'm one of the people who absolutely loved this story! It's amazing! I read it all in the past two hours, and let me tell you, this is one of the best stories that I have read so far on FP!

I love Caspar and Alek, and I think I actually started crying when Alek left Caspar, and then again when Alek broke Caspar's Vial, and yet AGAIN when Alek died...And, get this, when Alek came back! And normally I NEVER cry reading. (shrugs) Your characters just seemed so real...

Plus I didn't even see ONE typo/mistake in the whole story! That's amazing!

Oh! And I wanted to tell you that I loved how you put some of Caspar's POV in the beginnings of the chapters. They were so perfect!

And now I think I'm finished gushing now...lol! Thank you for a wonderful story. :D
Kneecap chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
The idea for this is...really one of a kind.

The language you use is powerful and apt. I loved everything about this chapter. But what I'm really curious about is...how does Caspar manage to reach the entire world in one day? He doesn't seem to be moving fast enough, and also: does he ever sleep himself? Since it's always night time somewhere, won't he constantly be working? That must be tiring O_O.
Oh My Gosh chapter 14 . 9/6/2008
You killed Alek. You actually killed Alek. Sure he came back, but still... I cried, like, a whole cup of tears. You are awesome. Truly awesome. I love you. Thank you, for writing such an amazing story. I would also like to mention that I really liked Lorne. He was really cool. Once again, I love this story, and you.
lea chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
I don't know if you still read the comments for this story, I hope so. I really enjoyed "The Sandman's Kiss". I found it original and unpredictable. The characters were well rounded and easy to care about. I really need to feel connected to a character. The only part I would critique would be the climax when Alek's father takes him to the murder site. It felt a bit rushed. I think you wanted a hurried feeling to make it exciting but I went back to re-read it a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss anything. Over all the story flowed with ease. I guess thats why the one part stuck out to me.

I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated this story and I hope to find more you may have on this site

x-princessa-temnoti-x chapter 14 . 6/7/2008
Mm...I did like it. It's...quirky? Casper is. I don't think Alek changed much. This seems like what he might have been, if it weren't for his father...I don't know.

Thank you for a good read. (And a distraction from my due-the-day-after-tomorrow English paper, but that's my own fault.)
x-princessa-temnoti-x chapter 13 . 6/7/2008
Don't dislike Casper anymore. That happened a few chapters back.

I like Lorne. Ha...he seems so...classic.
x-princessa-temnoti-x chapter 8 . 6/7/2008
I'm actually extremely annoyed with Casper and how oblivious he is. He's cute and means well, but my word...it should maybe occur to him that since Alek is the only one who can see him, Alek is the one that gets in trouble and not him.

*waves hand* Done raving about Casper now. Good story.
fam chapter 14 . 5/11/2008
umm...i know you finished this over a year ago but i felt(am feeling, if you want to get technical about it) the need to write this...okay, here it goes...are you ready for it? *Deap breath* okay...this is huge...drum roll please *drum roll*

it made me cry...a lot...but it was awesome..a lot

see, i told you it was huge :)lol
Lovedward48 chapter 14 . 4/2/2008
Wow! I love this awesome story! I like the characters and the whole plot. I enjoyed it so much and I'm so sad it's finished now but it has a brilliant ending. I can't complain. You did a really good job and I think this story is well thought through. (and I think I got your hints.) ;P

Thanks for writing it!
XxAmericanxBeautyxX chapter 14 . 3/23/2008
Loved the story. Poor Alek. Poor Casper. I wasn't at all suprised when Alek became the new Sandman after his death. This story was very interesting to read.
b chapter 14 . 3/17/2008
so i read this in its entirety in the hours before a final that i should've studied for instead. (ironically, the class was 'sleep and dreams'! btw, scientifically speaking, alek's dad was suffering from attacks of cataplexy. ;) it was a great way to relax my nerves- although i was pretty stressed out from the sexual tension! ;

i really liked it- so much that i actually went back and re-read some parts! the descriptions are meticulous but not overbearing, and the way the story ties together is... er, well-stitched? and by 'well-stitched' i mean 'fantastic'! i particularly liked the description of the other world in sort of a nonsensical, disjointed way. (and man, the boogieman as a pretty boy in tight leather pants? LOL) the name-switching was confusing (valerian/death, lorne/boogieman, etc.), and i'm also in the 'refer to reborn-alek as melchior' contingent, but that's nothing a little editing couldn't fix.

i wish you'd drawn out alek and caspar's relationship a little more before alek broke the vial and promptly got killed, though, but i suppose nine years was enough time for caspar. as a side note, this story was remarkably more serious than 'spontaneity', which i read first, so i was pleasantly surprised with your ability to change writing styles. ('cept for caspar's goofing-off scenes, of course! and lorne's. heh...)

all in all, very, very entertaining. thanks a whole bunch for bringing me into this world!
abbybyrd chapter 14 . 3/3/2008
Oh my god. I can honestly say that this story touched some little part of my heart. And I don't even think I'm exaggerating! The people and the emotion had me hooked as soon as I started reading. It took me quite a while to actually start reading this too. I'd seen "The Sandman's Kiss" under many other authors favorites and I always stopped to glance at the summary, though I wasn't quite sure how interesting a story about 'the Sandman' could be! (Sorry Caspar! I know it's a touchy subject :P )

But I finally started reading it on a whim and I simply couldn't stop. I read the whole thing in one day. The imagery of the story was one of the first things that caught my attention. That, and the small introduction Caspar gave at the beginning of each chapter-those really made me nervous sometimes! Kudos on excellent foreshadowing by the way.

Then as I continued reading, all the other little details started coming up and I love how you kept referring back to them. Some of the examples I can think of are the cherry's and the color red. Just brilliant.

Also, I'm not ashamed to admit I bawled like a baby during chapter 12, Dreaming in Red and then even harder in chapter 13 Dream for Me. I cried harder in 13, partly for Caspar's pain (god that part was painful) but more out of happiness that Alek, or Melchior, was given another chance. Who knew Death was an old softy? And doing the nasty with the Boogie Man? That dog! :)

I can already see myself rereading this story to try and find all the themes and details that I missed the first time around. I think this is a beautiful story. If only the world had more fairy tales like this...

So once again, just in case you didn't catch it, I LOVE this story. Now I simply Must go and check out your other stories, because if they're anything like this one...damn. :)
teethandlungs chapter 14 . 2/25/2008
Holy.

Mother.

of God.

Okay so over the span of about two hours last night and one & a half today, I read this story.

I grew with it, learned with it, hoped when I was supposed to hope, panic when I was supposed to panic, and above all- I sobbed like a baby when I'm sure I was supposed to sob like a baby. I had to go find my mom and cling to her.

This...is...just, mindblowing. The CONCEPTS, of EVERYTHING! Who ever would have thought about the Sandman, The Boogieman, Jack Frost, Death, Saint Nick... jesus! The world you made for them, the explanations you created, so...awesome. This could get published, and then I could buy it off a shelf, and treasure it always and forever.

The ending was a twist, but it contented me. When Alek died, I, as already said, cried uncontrollably. And then, when he reappeared as an assistant Sandman, I almost jumped for joy. I like how you didn't give us total fluff though, but employing the use of memory loss on Alek's behalf.

Through it all, Caspar's devotion staggered me and filled me up with hope. I had such vivid depictions in my head for every scene, and every scene was such a great scene. I was never, ever bored.

*heaves heavy sigh*

Bottom line: It was beautiful.

thank you for sharing this with people on FictionPress.
573 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »