Reviews for Letting Go
Loganberry chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
I vastly overuse the word "bittersweet"... but I can't see a better one here. Except maybe "beautiful," because that's what this is. The last para in particular is gorgeous.
Damaged chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Great essay. Great pickup. Thanks.
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
Wow, that's really cool. Good prose. The last paragraph especially was good. It's true about letting go. And I kind of still need tolearn that lesson...
Oh and, just so you don't get the wrong impression, I'm not one of those people who spend all their time on fictionpress reading and finding new authors and has no life. Just so you know, I was very respectably spending the last ten boring minutes of typing class online, and since none of my friends had updated, I decided to look around. (Now I know you're thinking, she takes typing? Now that's someone with no life. Just kidding. :)
Anyway, I love reading your writing, and I was really happy when, right before the bell rang for the next class, I found a good writer with 34 posting-things. Anyway, that's all for now... except I should be studying for my physics test tomorrow...
Flavor of Rain chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
And sometimes letting go can be the hardest part, I LOVE IT! keep it up
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
Yes, I know how it feels...to let go something you hold on dear to throughout your life. The maturity and courage you shown in this eassay is what really inspire me.
JupGrrl chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Like you said, nothing is more painful...
But, an important lesson that I have learned is exactly what you said "Sometimes, the only way to give is not to give at all. Because people aren't always going to want to take the beautiful things you have to give them."
Another magnificent piece of prose from one of the most talented writers out there.
silent reverie chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Ohh, I really liked this and I'm sure you had a hard time writing this, so thanks for sharing your story. I wrote a piece on a similar topic, which has nothing to do with me but it just popped into my head. Maybe I'll post it up soon and you can read it.
One little nitpick on grammar though. I think the sentence "The closer to our heart, the more firm our grip." should read "The cloer to our heart, the firmer our grip."
Good job!
MagenDavid chapter 1 . 12/21/2003
I really don't have the words...
I guess I could say 'amazing' or 'wonderful', but that wouldn't disicribe how this piece makes me feel.
Keep it up!
MsWriter chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
you have stated a lot of good points. that sometimes in life we just have to let go. For some people still grasp for that someone who is no longer there. That's a sad life. This was beautifully written.