Reviews for dust
linaeve chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
hm. reminds me of a tomb of some sort (namely, Balin's tomb in Lord of the Rings, but if you've never seen it just ignore me )... 'halo of a sunshaft'- lovely image there. 'echo shadows'- how is it you manage to come up with such apt descriptions? -envy-

ah, dust. dust is forever and nothing and everything in between. -stares at dust collecting on top of computer-

-lin.
Mime chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
I'm guessing the meaning of this is that even when you die, you're never really gone...I'm not sure, though. .-
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
Given the subject matter and the diction here, I suspect it is about moving on to an afterlife. This seemed like one of those, "Where do we go when we die?" poems. That's just my opinion, anyway. I might be wrong.
Children of the Root chapter 1 . 12/21/2003
I like it! good work!
magpie poet chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
*hangs head in shame* my train of thought on this poem. ohh...amber...egypt...moria...great last line, wonder if i can steal it for email quote...shit i gotta stop thinking in terms of tolkien...
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
*stunning*

the last line is sheer brilliance and i absolutely love the whole piece. definitely pulling up images of ancient egypt . . . it's really very haunting. hm interpretation . . . lol sadly, i've been trained for this and i know it's wrong, but my stupid obstinate mind is so stuck on the ancient egypt thing, and i always like it when people try to interpret my poetry (way off the mark or no), so here goes nothing:

i'm picturing a pharoh and his queen standing together on the collosal balcony of their palace at dusk, watching the sunset die. the dust of an ancient entrapped i take as an urn containing ashes from one or both of their cremated bodies; the small fleck of time in the shaft of sunlight i'm imagining is their lifetimes as compared to ALL of time since the beginning. so they're watching the sunset and know that because of their accomplishments and their high positions, history will never forget them and they'll live forever - just like dusk. or you could take it as reincarnation, actually, since the sunset is a cycle; they know they'll be reborn and live and die again.

isn't it fun to listen to the intricate insanities of other peoples' minds? :P

a most excellent piece of poetry, beautiful and actually very fun to try to decipher (i know, i'm destined to be an english teacher *sigh*). kudos to you, chica!
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
Wow. This speaks of situations on such a large scale. It's like relating an eternity.
Heart of the Sword