Reviews for Isn't Fair
Aaron Mason chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
I like this... life sucks. Especially when someone leaves us when we need them most.
I'm gonna read on.
ZealWarrior chapter 1 . 12/21/2003
-Aww geez, I don't know what to say. I haven't lost someone I cared for a long time now. That's why I don't try to get too attached to girls. I know, it might not be healthy in the long run, but even rejection can be one of the deepest pains. As for the loss of a loved one, well, that's irreplacable. I lost an uncle like two years ago, and he was too young to die. I was so sad then because he left behind two very young daughters. It really isn't fair, I know. But you know what? We don't know enough to actually KNOW that it's unfair. Sometimes I wish I were dead, not because life is so very depressing, but rather that death seems like too great a mystery for me and I want to discover the undiscovered country from whose bowels no traveller returns...
Of course, I won't end my life just to make that discovery, I'd prefer to wait it out.
-Now, on to the true review portion. What can I say, I'm reading the lyrics to myself to the theme of Gustav Holst's Mars, a sort of brutal, grim theme of war. It goes well with it and has a bigger impact on me. The lyrics, repeated often is something that drills into the deep burrows of my mind and I hear the words, not spoken, but screamed. That's how I interpret them.
-Now I don't want to seem like I didn't like this song, because I did, but man it's got me so depressed. Why is it that sad things make a writer more articulate? I guess it just does. But it is as you said in "The Soul's Song", the artist sings what he feels and the listeners' feel it as well. I too can relate to this and that's where the brilliance of this work lies, we can all relate to it. Loss is inevitable.
-My favorite umm, stanza (?) is the final one: "It isn’t fair,
How life treats us.
We’ve been played!
We’ve been played!
Oh-
It isn’t fair,
How – life – treats – US!"
-It sums up all you and I and everyone else feels about life, love and happiness. And I swear it's like the words are screaming in my mind.
-This was again, a fantastic song, something EVERYONE can relate too, whether they want to or not. Great job Julie, please keep it up-never ever stop writing unless you got that syndrome, you know...that computer one...whatever it's called...umm...gotta go!