Reviews for Are we so different?
Dying Rose chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Hey, I'm not Wiccan, but I do admire the way you stand up for your beliefs. I know many people that are extremely dogmatic and intolerant. And you're right, not all Christians are like the guy who is being so mean to you. Regardless of our beliefs, people should never be that way. I like your poem and the statement you're making.
feelingshortofstable chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
I love your spirit, and think you wrote an awesome peom. People can be so naive and insensitive that it kills me sometimes. I hope you never have to feel oppressed by them for what you believe in. Awesome job...you're quite an inspiration.
Twilight Tiger chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Pretty. The person who has been annoying you is terrible. People shouldn't say that to other people. My friend Katie was told by someone else that she was "BABY KILLER!" because she supports abortion. Personally, I think abortion is very wrong, but no should be that cruel to someone else.
Personally, I don't believe in Wicca because I haven't found any substantial proof of it. Seeing God in the world around you is in more than one religion-not to mention that I'm a devout Christian... but whatever. You seem to have a good heart. Keep it up.
Saharian chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Awesome! Very to the point and great writing. I have a suggestion- read Anne Bishops Tir Alainn trilogy. And while you are at it read the Black Jewels Trilogy and the Invisible Ring (all by Anne Bishop) She is an awesome writer and the Tir Alainn trilogy is partially based on the Wiccan religion. After reading this and reading your bio I think you will really love it. Just send me an email or whatever if you want to know more about it!
Saharian
PS: ORLANDO!
Andaren chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Merry Meet!
A wonderful poem that will appeal to every pagan and wiccan. We're all the same really - all following different paths to find the same thing in the end...
Blessed Be,
Andaren x
Lilyoftheflames chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I think this poem gets to a good point...I am catholic but I don't judge people on religion. I am very good friends with some wiccans and enjoy the company of anyone. I am still very confused on the subject of religion and 'gods and goddesses' but everyone believes in something different...I guess some of us haven't found out what we believe in yet. Very good poem and hope that that guy you were talking about comes to his senses and apologizes...people aren't to be judged by what they believe in but how they act towards each other...he should take that into concideration. Again...very good poem! -ko
Rebecca Kelsey chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
I'm not a wiccan but I know a few. I have nothing to say about your poem other then its great. Just no that you have one less person that will judge you.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
very beautiful, obviously written before the other poem i reviewed as your dad semd to know about your Wicca then.
you ask about any Wiccan websites, but i was wodnering whether you could possibly tell me about any? i am extremely interested in Wicca and would like more information. I know Wiccans don't recruit, but how would i go about 'joining'? thanks
Emerald Lynne Stonne chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Good Poem. Deep. Has great meaning! That's about all I have time for right now... Keep Writing...
~~*Emmy*~~
P.S. Sorry, I haven't provided you with anything to light your candles *frowns at self, thinks "I should be more polite", pulls lighter out of desk drawer*
Here you go:):)
*on second thought, maybe they don't use lighters, doesn't want to sound like smartass, hits self on head*
*Stupid Self, Stupid Self, Stupid Self...*
Gothic Wraith chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
Nice poem, good writing, powerful message. By the way, you're right. Not all Christians are like that. Take me for example. I'm incrediably liberal minded. I believe that religion is a persons choice and that other people should accept that and not try to change that person unless that person actually wants to once again, I love the poem.
The Naked Emperor chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
I can do better! ha i'm just jokin! hm well i've actually studied wicca before i've studied alot of different religions and that is why i choose to be atheist. i find all religion to have the same concept and meaning yet everyone is so close-minded that they prosecute others for what they believe so i just don't wanna deal wit that kind of stuff and cuz i don't believe in any of it. but religion is a good thing even if it is bullshit, it keeps order.
daphnegray78 chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Wow, this poem just stuns me. Of course, I have the benefit that your other readers don't: I know exactly what instance it's about and who you were aiming it at. LOL Anyway, I liked a lot of the imagry you used. I really liked the way you were saying that Jesus was (according to them)persecuted because of his peaceful ways and so are Wiccans. You never fail to impress me, girl!
anon63 chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
I liked it.. it was actually very, very relaxing, though im not sure that was your intent... and i applaud you for standing up for what you believe in, et cetera, et cetera, just nice to see. :)
-kerbi
Shana the white dragoon chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
excellent poem! I have been studying Wicca for a few months but I still keep my beliefs hidden from people at school to avoid the closed minded people-I too live in a hickish town:D lol so I totally understand the emotions you put into this poem Blessed Be
Silver Lily
Athenian Affinity chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
Wow! I love the poem, and I can understand where you're coming from, being a wiccan in a small town myself. You made quite a few interesting points regarding the fact that people tend to try and make huge differences between religions instead of finding common ground. Good job! _