Reviews for Spare Me
Talyn Gray chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
.:blink:. is this who I think it's about? '
Haha, I loved this. Just this morning some 16 year old girl wrote to dear Abby, telling her she was engaged, buit was MADLY IN LOVE with someone else... uh-huh...
Rachel Faith A. Teknoman 333 chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
*laughs*
I like this! It's exactly what I feel when my friends are in love, again...
Until the ask me if I have found love...
*glares threateningly at retreating friends*
What? Can I help it that I have yet to fall in love for the first time? Even if I could, I wouldn't do it!
But, to return to the poem, _ it is obvious to everyone that you're talented. My compliments, Jade!
Bye,
-Rachel
p.s. I especially liked this part;
'Up roll my eyes
And withheld are my sighs
That would escape from me thus
Having dodged all this fuss
I make my thanks to the heavens above.'
Hahaha!
Anandria chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
Ha! Yes, I love it! And yay! I get to read TAD as an original now, what could be better? You have such a way with words, I love it. Congrats!
Ja ne, Jade Wing-san!
clever-chan chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
Grand grand grand! I really liked this one & it reflects my thoughts as well! Great the rhyming!
~C-Chan~
ArouraLeona chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
::Laughs:: Wow, you have a wonderful handle on things don't you! The style isn't odd at all, it flows nicly and is rather lyrical in that I wouldn't be surprised to hear it put to music... it would be a very amusing song actually!
silent-distress chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Very nice, jadewing! This poem has much meaning put to it, and it's very good.
jeesie rose chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
me likey, me likey!
Deathstroke50 chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Great poem! I'd congratulate you, but there are more pressing issues at hand... like that loose lab experiment. Congrats (it's not 'congratulate' ;P )
KiCHi-sama chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Know what's weird? I totally agree. True love and fate are for morons.
Great poem, nice views, and the rhyming is perfect.
Wing chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
True, *nods sagely*, so true. But the title got me. 'Spare me'...it's not exactly easy to be spared...is it? Personally, I make it a big deal to cut off these 'particular' feelings, but throughout the poem, it feels more like a lament...after all, how could one describe the joy, 'Choirs of angels resound through the nation', and the pain, 'Here for a momentthen with a sweep of the wings, Off to perch on much grander things…', or the deeper meaning, 'Are you in love—with love, not someone?' without actually experiencing it? No one is really 'spared' -_-
just passing through chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
My thoughts exactly
Electra Fairford chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
Hahaha, great.
The second-to-last stanza loses momentum/rhythm somewhat, but picks up again in the last stanza. The rhyming is a little contrived throughout, too...I wish more people would cross over to the wonderful world of free verse. But the lilting rhyme does set up the right tone for this poem.
Anyway, awesome poem. *forwards to all single friends*
Lamia Aduro chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
spoken true (though we are forced to listen, how can one shut up ones friend? they never listen.
Kirara chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
wow...you just summed up highschool "love" perfectly, i think.
JadeMoonWing chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
I can't login- on the school's computer (And this space bar is crap). And my internet at home is dead. So I'm just posting to say... that was GREAT. My friend next to me here read it and loved it too.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »