Reviews for What Do Blind Men See?
IcyDevil27 chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
What does a blind man see? That is a good question. I'm not really sure even blind people have an answer. Anyway, it's a great piece.
shinco chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
Very, very cool. That was absolutely MARVELOUS! I'm putting it on my favorite stories list! WONDERFUL job! _
Morcar chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
A strong ending, but otherwise a little bit trite.
Your final conclusion - that it is ultimately pointless to speculate about what it's like to be somebody else because you aren't them and never will be - is good, strong and grounded, but it has less impact because you spend the first couple of verses in the very speculation you later conclude is pointless.
I see what you're trying to do (or at least I think I do) - trying to get the reader to run with your ideas before bringing them abruptly down. The problem is that your actual suggestions for what a blind man might see aren't quite compelling enough. As a result the reader has already reached the conclusion that you should really just "ask a blind man himself" come time before you get to that point in the poem.
Indeed it's possible that the last verse might stand better just on its own, or with only a very minimal lead in.
Infinity Plus One chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
I think that some blind people might experience what happens in sensory deprivation; they can hear and feel reality, however what they see is outside reality.
Etheral chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Very good. I like it! It's actually a good question though!
Etheral
PS. When are you gonna update "Diaries of an Eating Disorder"?
artemisastralstar chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
working up to a very anticlimatic end. i like it. well done.