Reviews for Dawn to Dust
jd chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
yay! your free verse rocks. i mean, so does all your other work. well... you know me and free verse. mm... bards and troubadours. i especially liked 'trading stnazas and cigarettes.'
Derek Dogan chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
In contrast to your description... simply beautiful. I love the disjointed "between the cracks" feeling of the first part especially, and the last three lines really make an impact. *at a loss for words* -Tom
QuillKitten chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
This is beautifully told and I really like your vivid word choice. Its a little simple, and entrancing, bringing this to life. I really like the line, "Trading stanzas and cigarettes." Great poem, and a great example of lyrical prose. Kepp up the marvelous work. Put this om my faves. I've found that some of my better poems have been done improptu and rushed out becuase, its an idea that just has to be flowed out right there. I feel that I'm no good If I have to try through it and force it out. I like to try to improve once its done, or almost done. Anywaty, this was stupendous. (There is some parts that break it up, and you lose the flow, making it jagged and harder to read through.)