Reviews for lose youth
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
The ending is exquisite. Well done.
Schubiegirl chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
wow...(Iguess you get that alot), but this is simply amazing. And confusing, i'm not quite sure which one, maybe both. I love the part about declaring their youth by the ocean or what not. I guess that's why you put it in the summary. But now i'm rambling, all in all it was really good. I can't help but think of Echo and Narcissist when i read this.
Lux's Confusion chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
simply gorgeous. i acctually tryed doing a peter pan poem, i couldn't capture what i wanted to say though. it was sad.
but this wow. i think whatever you tryed to say you said and then some. and you didn't rush it, you let it come as only you can do my dear.
"We swore once/We’d be as Pan/And never grow up"
how very true. i used to read the chronicles of narnia like a bible, swearing i'd never let the truth i found within those pages fade, and in a way i havn't, guess i've just hidden them. but i'd give anything to read those books again and find the same feelings i used to have. thanks for making me remember...
Jasmine
Lady B.V Rose chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Wow..._ I love the first stanza, and the rest of course but that just totally stands out.
- BVR xx
Ellerfru chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
wow... i dunno what to say about this... so good... so sad... sorry, this doesn't make much sense.
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
VERY interesting. quite an intriguing and intricate relationship in the beginning . . . i got this distinct beowulf impression when he tears the speaker to shreds and leaves her to lurk in the caverns . . . very haunting indeed. tons of great imagery, some of my very favorite bits would have to be: "angels wings/in translucent veils dipped from the sky," "a thousand childhood penance stones," "throwing back the melody of pipes," and "caverns crowded with/the ghosts of greek mythology." the ending is my favorite part of the piece, it's stunning, it's phenomenal, i'm still hearing the echo in my mind as i write this. great use of space, great overall effect, it gave me a chill. :) amazing poem here, chica, sorry it took me so long to read it! much kudos!
Seeing Starz chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
*mouth falls open* Amazing...just plain gorgeous. I love every aspect of this poem, and the ending...fabulous.
*Seeing Starz*
Lauren K chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
Ohh..this is good! I like the way it kept changing...I didn't try to understand the words, but I really did like the flow. I liked your alliteration there, and I really liked your Echo ending (I always felt so sorry for her) Kudos!
Kiara
And yes, I wrote 2 haiku collections
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
It is always incredible to come back after an absence and read some of your new works. You have such a gift with poetry, and this poem was an excellent one. Sorry for my break, but I'll try to catch up some on your works and keep posting my own. God bless.
write on.
Mime chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
Simply lovely. I'm left with a mythical feeling burnring inside, like I did once when I saw this painting portraying the bleak, dark moments right before dawn...but then again, I'm getting carried away. .-
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
There is some nice imagry here, and I love the use of myth. Great flow and fun to read. Nice wording, too! I also love the unique structure.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
*blinks* woah, that's...that's...*rich* Without being a picture-poem, it gives vibrant images, while subtly, observantly narrating the entire thing. Though I usually have some instinctive preference for poems that overpower and beat you senseless with intoxicating complexity -kind of like hard liquor- this one is more like champagne, though obviously without much to celebrate. In other words...*gorgeous*
(Poems this long *deserve* long reviews. Apologies that I don't have the guts to analyze this.)
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
This is a sheer work of beauty. The imagery is direct and precise. It has aesthetic value in the mind but adds emotional value to the overall piece. The allusions you made from mythology fit perfectly. So much was conveyed in such a beautiful fashion.
Heart of the Sword
Lidless Eye chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Really awesome... I loved it. You're such a great writer. Keep up the brilliant work!
Lidless Eye
Lieschen chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Truly amazing - made me cry. Your imagery is honest and echoing, without being too vague or pointless. This told a story, and made me really want to be a child again. Extremely beautiful. Excellent !
ELise