Reviews for Of Gunsmoke and Multicolor
Disturbing Enigma chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Oh, I love this! "Watching as the ashes of the phoenix are reborn"... I love that line! Good work!
Eulogy of the Scorned chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
This is very interesting.
PainKiller chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
I love the way you find such amazing handiwork of God in the things that perhaps take for granted; you find beauty and poetry in the everyday, and enriches the way I personally look at life. The opening/closing stanzas were just great. :o)
Ravens Cross chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
I love the way you compare the year to come as an unlit fuse. It shows clearly that we have a chance to start out fresh and new. Keep up the good work. You are a true inspiration.
God Bless
Ravens Cross
Free-Writer chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
This was really great... It made me think of the new year in a different way. keep writing!
QueenRemge13 chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Great poem as always. Thanks for the lovely reviews. :-) Keep up the great writing!
QR
MindTear chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
strange, that such a prolific writer would allow word processing computer programs to capitalize and thus emphasize the words at the beginning of the sentence... I would think that anything the author put into the poetry would be intentional... anyway, it's only a minor detail.
The imagery here is clear and refreshing, as well as the symbolism of the new year and what it means... a very well done poem. I don't really have anything to criticize, but this poem wasn't exactly incredibly meaningful, moving, or powerful... it's well done, though. I just feel sort of indifferent. I guess the feeling of the new year is overrated for me. It just feels like a new day... oh well. i like the relationship of the explosions to the release of the feeling, and the feeling of rebirth... that was a well-done extended metaphor. I hope to review some of your other work in the future, as soon as exams are behind me.
mindtear
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
An excellent poem for an anticipating year full of surprises and more!
Needa S chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Cool..Awesome job!
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
That was...satisfying. There is definitely an excellent blend of bright, active imagery and more peaceful reflections on the past and the future here, and an ingeniously un-obvious repetition of phrases which drives the point home without being redundant. Wowness.
teh tarik chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Wow, this is totally cool! It started great, and it ended just as great. And your descriptions are just awesome. Really vivid. I especially loved the second last verse. Something different from other New Year poems _
Mime chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
Oh I love this! (But then again, which one of your poem don't I like? .- ) I didn't get to see fireworks or put off any this year, but I can just imagine the lights of color blooming above when I read your poem. Also, I must say the symbolism is quite enchanting. Altogether, an excellent poem.
Modern Poet chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
You've definitly caught the essence of New Years eve and fireworks. Great job!
Hail the Warrior chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
This is awesome...when I was younger fireworks were the best thing in the world. I was reading your bio and saw that you are a Christian...will you please go check out my stuff? Thanks.
HtW
Jimmy Jazz chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
I love it, it's fantastic. Favourite line, "Clocks of the past 365 days come crashing down". Amazing job.