Reviews for Thomas in Toronto
Guest chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
eh, this seems like the fic that just grabs all the stereotypes out in the world and makes it seem like they're facts when they're not
Guest chapter 3 . 7/4/2012
I just found this again after eight years. Its weird how things like this just kind of show up in a blast from the past. Helped me figure out my own path, I felt like Tom for a long long time. Too bad it went un-finished. I doubt you'll ever read this, but I'd love to see the ending of the story that changed my life for the better.
ShortFogHornXD chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
neh! update soon please? ack! Love this!
ChaoticFenris chapter 3 . 4/13/2009
-squees- i want more! they should end up together!
Shadow1290 chapter 3 . 8/25/2007
This is really good! I can't wait to read what happens next! MORE SOON PLEASE!

MORE SOON!

~shadow
Foxpaws chapter 3 . 11/19/2005
I have to say, I liked this story alot. A little bit of errors I saw along the way, but nothing big. I was wondering if there would be more to this, but after seeing that it has not been updated in some time, I can already guess that it probably won't be.

-Foxpaws
Loganberry chapter 3 . 6/10/2004
And here I am once more. :) Now, I know I ought to go through the whole story picking up on bits and pieces that caught the eye, but to be honest it was the very last passage that blew me away. I'm in two minds about whether writing it all as one long sentence works - I'd have been inclined to put a full stop after "...disown him forever." (Yeah, so that means starting a sentence with "And." So what?)
But however it's *phrased*, it's the actual *wording* of that last section that's so good. Those last couple of lines in particular have enormous power (I particularly liked "the sullent face of the great Christ himself"), and make for a dramatic and memorable ending.
This isn't a full-scale critique (I don't have the space! ;) ), but I guess my overall impression here is of a well thought-out and well laid-out story, with characters (Tom especially) who are convincing in their roles. I want to specifically mention the dialogue, since in a story like this, that's so important, and I'm pleased to say it's handled well.
As I hinted above, there are maybe a few places where the wording doesn't flow entirely smoothly, but that will come with practice; there's no reason here to suppose that you need anything other than more writing experience. I will give one little example, if it helps:
"In his head, the mentally conjured Jack grinned..."
I don't think you need "the mentally conjured" at all; after all, you've just said that this part of the action is taking part in Tom's head, so the reader can infer that. It'd flow slightly better as:
"In his head, Jack grinned as he scratched the back of his head."
Yipe, I'm starting to get carried away now, so I'd better stop in a moment! :P Anyway, a good chapter - probably the best written of the three - and again a pleasure to read. :)
Agent Ninety-Nine chapter 3 . 4/21/2004
Y'know, I sort of envy Thomas. I never had cool friends, or a nice mall to hang out in :)
GothicSky chapter 3 . 4/18/2004
sweet...I can't believe this only got 5 reviews! anyway, this story really rocks. Josh's wiccan, right? One of my best friends is exactly like Adam, so it was fun to read the character and be able to have some one to relate it to. You're a very talanted writer. _
Loganberry chapter 2 . 3/8/2004
Well, okay, so "soon" was a relative term. But I'm back now! ;) Anyway, it keeps up the high standard of chapter 1, and the characters are coming along nicely. The tarot session was an interesting touch, especially in the light of Tom's uncertainty about its morality or otherwise. Must admit that my favourite character is that bat, though... ;)
Merei-chan chapter 2 . 2/25/2004
Very nice! I really liked this all! I really hope that you will update really soon! It is very good! Actually, I'm amazed that it doesn't have more reviews than it does! Only three? Good god! It should have a whole lot more than that! Well, I hope that you'll update soon for the people who actually read a well-written story such as this. ...is this enough flattery? No, I'm just joking. Your story really is enjoyable to read, and I really do hope that you'll be able to update soon. So, please do!
Loganberry chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
Boo! Guess who? ;)
I'm not good at reviewing this type of story, but I felt it deserved a word or two in its favour, as I thought it was well written, brought out the setting nicely and did what all good stories do, which is to give the reader a feeling of identification with, and sympathy for, good people (well, furs) having a bad time.
I wasn't sure when I started this that I'd say this, but yep, I'll be back to read ch. 2 soon.
cybernet3000 chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Yes, they're all anthropomorphic animals, hence the word "Furry" in the summary, and the little paragraph in the disclaimer saying, "None of the characters in here are human"
unknown chapter 3 . 1/17/2004
1 word confusion. Ok are these character like animals?