Reviews for Portrait Pending
nine iron chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
aww short poem, like mine, lol scary your shortest is longer than my average! It is so true though, good insight!
nine iron
Labradorite chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Well... yes...just remember it's all going to be okay, because eventually the earth is going to be swallowed by the sun.
ZealWarrior chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
-Okay, I guess I think I know what the message of the poem is. The portrait will never be complete because the one being painted is forever changing. You can start painting me now but I will be in a state of change as you do, aging, seeming different because time is never at a stand-still, nor are those within it's grasp. As Heraclitus, ancient Greek philosopher said, "You can't step in the same river twice." Of course, he said a bunch of other things that didn't make sense.
-As for this poem, it was short and sweet. I liked the way it was worded, there was a great sense of flow. The word choice was perfect and the introduction and ending were very nicely written.
-One thing that confused me is the Authour's Note, the phrasing seems odd, but maybe it was just me.
-I really really don't know what else to add, and I know usually my reviews are long but for this I don't see how possibly I can go on...like this...right now...
-Anyways, I'll leave off by saying that this was really cool, it made me think. Great job as usual Julie, do keep writing.
-Sincerely, Heenay, "ZealWarrior"
kalmia raphael chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
i'm not exactly sure what it means, but i'll review anyway, cause its gorgeous. i can imagine it as one of those quotes for the opening of a novel or something... anyway, i think its either
1) about a person the speaker knows, who hasn't 'grown up' yet or is stuck in the past so is 'not complete' or
2) a person the speaker is visualizing, like a soulmate he/she wants to meet in the future, but hasn't actually met the person yet
um, yeah.
TheresA-Pickle-InMyCookieJar chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
...i get this poem...its sort of a very interesting view of thinking about a portrait...yes...no one is complete nor perfect...so its ok to be a bit different...